Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kenan pictured above

Auralia pov~

After I calmed down a nurse came into the room "you can go see your brother now" she told us.

"Do you want me to stay here?" Noah whispered in my ear.

"Wait outside the door for a few minutes I'll come get you when I'm ready. I really want him to meet you!" I opened the door to Kenan's room and saw him lying on the bed watching TV. "Oh Kenan I was so worried about you" I said.

"Auralia what's my middle name?"

"Chaika"

"And what does Chaika mean?"

"Life"

"Exactly so I'm not going anywhere!" Kenan always uses that on me when I get worried about him.

"Kenan?"

"Yeah Lia?"

"I've got someone I want you to meet. I like him so be nice ok?"

"Ok bring him in" I walked out into the hallway and came back in with James.

"Kenan this is Noah. Noah this is my brother Kenan" I said and they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Kenan."

"Likewise. So Noah, let me guess... you're Lia's mate right?" Kenan asked.

"Yes, I am" Noah replied.

"Wait a second back up Kenan. What the hell is a mate and why do you both keep saying that I'm Noah's?" I asked completely confused.

"Auralia, sit down this is going to take a lot of explaining," Kenan told me. I sat next to Noah on the couch close to Kenan's bed.

Kenan took a deep breath, "ok first I would like to explain that all "mythical creatures" as humans call us have mates. And a mate is what the humans call soul mates. They are your one true match made in heaven by God. Everyone has one including humans but we have a stronger pull to our mates making it easier for us to find them. Second, you are not a full mermaid, and that is why you have a werewolf as a mate." he explained.

"Wait a second back up. Noah, you're a werewolf?" I asked.

"yes." My eyes widened in shock but then I turned back to Kenan.

"What do you mean I'm not a full mermaid?" I asked him.

"Well you know how we always had to go to land to visit Grandma Bethany? That wasn't because she didn't like to swim. It was because she was a werewolf. She met grandpa Chaika and they fell in love. We didn't know that it was possible to be only part mermaid, but you are. Not only will you grow a tail when you want to, but you can also become a werewolf when you want to," He explained.

"Wait a second if she is a werewolf than how come she can't hear her wolf?" Noah asked.

"Well, when she was a baby there was a prophecy that only when she met her mate would her wolf come out," Kenan explained.

"Yeah, but I met my mate and my wolf hasn't come out, whatever that means," I said.

"It could take some time," he explained.

"Oh ok anything else?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'll tell you later for now you need to go home. I'll be there in a day or so," Kenan said.

"Ok, I'll visit you tomorrow." Kenan nodded and with that Noah and I got up.

"Noah can I speak to you in private for a minute," Kenan asked.

"Um sure Auralia meet me in the waiting room," Noah said. I nodded slowly and went to the waiting room.

Noah's pov~

After Auralia left I sat back on the couch by Kenan's bed. "Noah, right before I had my seizure I received a call from someone very dangerous. I can't tell you who exactly without telling you the whole story and I think it would be best if Lia told you that. So just know that they are dangerous and they pose a huge threat to Lia." Kenan explained.

"What can I do?"

"I want you to have Lia live in the pack house with you, at least until I get out of the hospital. Living in a house full of werewolves will mask her scent and keep them off of her trail."

"Ok, if it means that Lia will be safe."

"Thank you Noah. Take care of my little sister."

"I will."

"Thank you, you should go it's not wise to keep a lady waiting" Kenan winked and I laughed before walking out of his room.