Chapter Thirty

Here we go again ... the plot bunny just couldn't stay away. Persistent little fucker. Originally, this began as a dream. When I woke up, I wrote down as much as I could, but it's morphed into something different.

We're going to say goodbye to Charlie next chapter. Plus, some bonding time with Bella and Edward.

Chapter Thirty

Thanksgiving was an amazing day. There was a lot to be thankful for and it spilled over, making everyone feel a bit cheesy. They ate a delicious meal, shared their wishes for the following year and played several games after dinner, leading to hours of laughter, memories and love.

The day after Thanksgiving, Rose, Alice, Emmett and Jasper drove back up to Seattle with promises of coming down soon, as their schedules allowed. Carlisle and Esme pulled out the numerous tubs of Christmas decorations, making a big deal for Jake, as they set up their home for the holidays. Edward and Bella went out with Charlie, Edward Sr. and Elizabeth, enjoying the last few days together before Charlie was flying back to Jacksonville and Edward's parents drove back up to Seattle. Over lunch on a cruise on the Columbia River, Charlie explained his plans for the rest of the year.

"I'm flying back to Florida and spending a month there. I want to celebrate Christmas with you. I know you won't be ready to travel," Charlie nodded. "So, I'm hoping, if it's okay, if I bring Sue with me?"

"Are you dating her, Dad?" Bella asked, waggling her brows as she nibbled on her lunch. Charlie blushed and nodded, a shy smile spreading over his face. "Good. But, if she treats you poorly, I will kick her ass."

"Really?" Edward deadpanned. "How? You're down a leg."

"Or shove a crutch up her ass," Bella smirked, elbowing Edward's side. "Semantics, Dr. Masen." He chuckled, kissing her temple and slid his arm around her shoulders. She leaned against him, her eyes fluttering shut.

"Mom, what about you and Dad? What's the plan for the holidays?" Edward asked.

"You can always come up to visit us in Seattle," Elizabeth suggested. She noticed that Bella blanched and pushed her plate away. "At some point, you will have to come up and meet with a real estate agent. Though, your home may not sell right away due to the damage from the quake."

"That's why I got the apartment," Edward nodded. "Once it sells, then I'll start looking for a new place down here."

"What about your furniture?" Edward's father asked him.

"It goes with the house," Edward replied, his voice dark and his eyes swirling angrily. "I want to start fresh. I want to choose the furnishings for my new place, with some help from Bella."

"Good. You need a warm place. I love your house, but it was very cold on the inside," Bella chuckled. Edward sighed, agreeing with her.

"Do you know when you're going to come back up to Seattle?" Elizabeth pushed. Again, Bella shifted and she quickly excused herself, hobbling back to the bathroom.

"Mom, you've seen how mentioning Seattle is impacting her. Why are you pushing it?" Edward growled.

"Because, it's a legitimate question, Edward," Elizabeth said. "We brought you your car, but if you want to move, you have to begin the process of selling your house."

"I'll come sometime during the week. I need to pick up, pack up my clothes and have them for when I move into the apartment," Edward said, crossing his arms and glaring out the window, watching the passing scenery as they floated on the Columbia River.