Epilogue

Here we go again ... the plot bunny just couldn't stay away. Persistent little fucker. Originally, this began as a dream. When I woke up, I wrote down as much as I could, but it's morphed into something different.

This is the FINAL chapter ... the epilogue ... for Shaky Ground. I can't believe it's done. To be honest, this story was completely different than I'd envisioned. It turned out even better! A few thank yous that I want to dole out. First off, thank you to Clo for the story banner. She read my random ramblings from a dream I'd had and created the banner for me. It was beautiful and I appreciate ALL you do for the fandom, with your writing and your phenomenal banner making skillz. Secondly, thank you to those of you who took the time to read my story plan to make sure it made sense. I appreciate your suggestions and comments. Finally, thank you to everyone who took the time to read, review and being supportive. I'm truly blessed with amazing readers. Thank you for everything.

And on that note ... here's the epilogue for Shaky Ground.

Chapter Forty: Epilogue

Ten Months Later ...

"I find this combined bachelor and bachelorette party to be distasteful, Rosalie," said the snooty voice of Rosalie's mother. Mrs. Hale, as she insisted to be called, was the epitome of a bitch. She was controlling and condescending, belittling Rose as often as possible, even over a screen since she hated the humid air of Pacific Northwest.

"Well, that's why you're not invited, Mom, nor is Lindsay. You get your over-the-top wedding and I'm getting my bachelorette party. I'm going with my friends, my bridesmaids," Rose snapped as she scowled at her mother on FaceTime. "Look, I'm helping Bella move in with her boyfriend. Then, my phone will be off for the entire week I'm in Cabo."

"So, uncouth," Mrs. Hale growled, flipping her long, overly-styled hair.

"Just how I like it," Rose cackled, hanging up the phone and shutting it off with a flourish. "Fuck me. My mother is going to be the death of me."

"She's in rare form. Pissed off from my little stunt, sis, no doubt, but seeing what you're dealing with? It was fucking wise decision," Jasper chuckled as he put down a heavy box. "Where do you want this, Bells?"

"Right here," Bella answered, gesturing to the counter top. "And at least you're talking to your mom, Rose. My mom only calls me when she wants money. She's been permanently blocked from my phone, email and Facebook. With my dad, too. As far as I know, her lawyer is also done with her, too. She's stuck in Iceland or something, deserted by her latest boy toy."

"Doesn't she learn?" Alice asked.

"Nope," Bella replied, opening up the box that Jasper put on the counters and putting the glasses into the beautiful white cabinets in their new home, that was part of a new subdivision. It was a beautiful craftsman that had been built for some big-wig, but the sale fell through. So, the house was for sale and Edward and Bella fell in love with it. It was a perfect combination of their styles. It was contemporary, but warm and inviting with hard wood floors and rustic accents. Edward had moved in once his lease ended at his apartment in late March. Bella stayed in her apartment for another month and was finally settling into the house, despite working an insane number of hours, working for their week off for Emmett and Rose's party in Cabo San Lucas.

They were very committed to each other, but there was still no ring on Bella's finger, nor did it appear that there would be any time soon. They were happy 'living in sin' and navigating their blissful, loving relationship.

Rose was getting married in a month. The wedding was a three-ring circus, thanks to her mother and maid of honor. Rose was just showing up, wearing the monstrosity of a dress. Though, she probably wanted what her twin brother had done ...