Chapter 1

Ophir

"I'm back? Did you miss me?" I croon to the harlots screaming of joy around my golden room as I step out of the bathing chambers connected. The pillow fighting had sent feathers flying everywhere. The bed is the center of my chambers and all of these women are my little stars revolving around the most glorious room they've ever entered into.

"Okay, that's enough Ophir we have work to do." My wife crosses her arms entering in the chambers and scaring away all of the women, making each of them shy away.

"Did you have to ruin all of my fun?" I bellow angrily. "I allow you to have your fun with that young, dunce, illegitimate suitor of yours."

"He is not young, he is my age. Now, if you're done insulting him we have business." She ties back her thick dark blonde hair.

"Marigold, you are my biggest regret. Leave me with my gems." I wave her off.

"Oh honey, you are equally mine." She spits. "You can have fun with your gems later." She puts her hands on her hips. We have mutually come to an agreement that I can have my fun and she can have hers, each of us as a side toy or twenty to play with since we are so utterly disinterested in each other and my dreadful parents set up this horrid arrangement.

I grab the bridge of my nose and pinch it. "Why they chose you I will never know. Maybe they hate me as much as I them."

"Look at me," She huffs a laugh. "I'm gorgeous and my family had money to pay off the debt you were in. Too many whores and wars you should have never been involved in."

"I was in no such debt." I snarls warning her that she is crossing dangerous line, especially in front of all of my girls. "I am the Golden King, I could've easily sold a chair and been done with it."

"Fine. I guess I'll just play with my lover some more. Have fun hopefully your kingdom doesn't drown while you ignore your duties." Marigold barks.

"Gold doesn't discolor when wet, this kingdom can never drown and lose any value." I spit back. "This is the grandest kingdom in all of the lands."

"Have fun with your whores." She turns on her heel and slams the door.

I growl and the girls go running as I furiously yank open the golden dresser to get ready for the day. "We will continue this later. Your King is busy with his teenage bitch of a wife." All of my clothes are of the finest make, all dipped in gold for the detailing which makes me shiny in the sun.

Boredly I sit in on the meeting, my face smushed in my hand as I prop myself up with an elbow and use the reflective glare off my cuffs to shine in the eyes of my beloved Marigold- anything to piss her off.

"King Ophir, we have gotten news that the new King of the Water Kingdom has been coronated. King Hansen." My advisor, Uphaz, informs as he straightens out his stack of papers.

"And what does this mean for our kingdom? We are still the best." I blink my eyes open just trying to stay awake.

"Well...we had an alliance with Creylia, he seems to have a new alliance with the Dark King you hate so much. I'm not sure what it means for us. We can set up negotiations to keep the peace with their kingdom."

"Do that, but we don't need it. We don't need any of these other kingdoms. We will forever be superior." I wave my hand in the air and pick up my head.

"We do need the Water Kingdom for their silk, King Ophir." My ambassador of foreign affairs, Jin, claims. She sits up straight twiddling her thumbs, ever since we fucked she's been so bashful. I've been thinking about her constantly. That face, that body, her brilliance.