Chapter 7

Ophir

I get why Jin can't look at me, I can't even look at myself even though I'm beautiful. I really hurt Jin. I should've always told her from the start when I found out I technically wasn't divorced yet to Marigold. I feel like shit. I need to get help. The infirmary- I'm sick, I'll start there.

"Yes, uh, I need to talk to a specialist about some private matters." I murmur to a healer who waits on me.

"Right this way," The woman nods and I follow behind her.

"Ophir?" A voice calls out me.

I twist my body in the direction. Of course. "What are you doing here marriage-wrecker?" I groan.

"Just here for a...checkup." Marigold smiles.

"A check up? Or are you tracking me now."

"No Ophir, honey. I am here for our baby."

"Cut the act, Marigold." I roll my eyes. "I told Jin the truth."

"Ask my healer, she just confirmed my pregnancy for me." Marigold smiles even wider now.

"Sure." I huff. "I'm not in the mood, didn't you just hear what I said?"

"You aren't listening to me!" Marigold shouts. "I am pregnant, Ophir!"

"I don't particularly care about your illegitimate pregnancy with Midas. Jin left me."

"We are married Ophir, it is your baby! I don't care about Jin, I'm glad she left you. Now we can be a family."

"It is not my baby, you fool around. I told you that we are not pregnant, I made my rule." I growl.

"And I didn't listen and I haven't had sex with Midas in a long time. It is yours."

"Nope. I refuse to accept that until it comes out and we know for sure. There's no way that you've only been messing around with me, unlike Jin...Jin was all mine." I sigh and slump my shoulders over. "What will I do without her?"

"Come with me to find out the gender." She grabs my hands. "It'll be exciting."

"I am in no mood, Mar."

"Come on, sweetheart." She coaxes and kisses my cheek.

"I am not the father. I'm only coming because maybe it'll distract me."

"You are the father." She grabs my hand.

I allow her to lead me and pull me along. "No, I'm not. I made sure you had tonics."

"You forgot to make sure one time and...well so did I."

"You did it on purpose." I narrow my eyes at her, "If that is the case and I do turn out to be the father."

"You are the daddy!" Marigold smiles and chuckles as she grabs the tonic waiting on the counter that Jin took to find out the gender. Within seconds Marigold rushes to the bathroom.

"What is it?"

"See for yourself." She opens the door.

"Oh, Oriel. Then, it's not mine. My line doesn't produce those."

"It's yours! A girl!" Marigold cheers.

"It's not, Oriel doesn't favor girls and there was not once a daughter produces in my line as far back as the records go."

"Ophir, we're having a daughter." She cups my face and kisses me.

"We don'to, Marigold. It's not mine. Think about it, these looks on a woman would be killer, it wouldn't be fair. Oriel doesn't do it for a reason."