Chapter 6

Jin

I knock impatiently on Marigold's door waiting for her to open. I cross my arms and tap my foot. "Open up, Marigold!" She was feeding my husband lies, and I need to put my foot down and show her she's not queen anymore. I am the queen and Ophir is no longer hers either.

"What do you want?" She spits placing her hands on her hips.

"What business do you have telling my husband things like when our son is born I'm going to forget or neglect him?"

"Oh, so the truth. You think you'll still want to cater to his every whim with a newborn? You won't. You can't have sex with him for six weeks, the man can't last that long. Do you even know who you're married to?"

"So? The newborn will tire us both out. Ophir will last that long because he loves me." I cross my arms. "We are a family, and him and I are in this together."

"Ophir couldn't last, he doesn't last."

"He will." I growl. "He's already lasted a full week when I was away."

Marigold smiles, "Oh yes. What a wonderful week that was having you gone from the castle."

"You're just jealous of me, Marigold. Really, it's pathetic."

"The only thing pathetic here is your so-called love."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I spit out.

"Exactly what I said. Are you finished yet? I have places to go, people to see." Marigold clicks her tongue bored and yawns.

I roll my eyes and scoff, "Ophir and I love each other. Just because you were married to him for two years means nothing."

"No, it means everything. I am still married to him. We didn't have some backdoor wedding like you two. I was seventeen then and even I was smart enough to know to do it right."

"I am his queen and I am carrying the heir. He dropped you, stop filling his head with false information. You aren't winning him back."

"Hmm, maybe instead of me filling his head, he can fill me." Marigold taps a finger to her lips.

Oriel, I wanted to punch that smug look off her face. "Get over yourself, you're such a child."

"I'm five years younger than you, that is nothing. I am better matched for Ophir and it won't take him or you long to realize the mistake you both made with this marriage. I'm still married to him so if I was to seduce him and get pregnant our children would be half-siblings, isn't that lovely?"

"Ophir would never be seduced by you, not when he has me. My son is the next heir and will be Ophir's only child."

"And when you're not there? When you're out on business, or with your family, or with your baby?"

"He will wait for me to come back then. Ophir wouldn't cheat on me, not like he did with you." I say with barred teeth.

Marigold chuckles, "Sure."

"Sure." I mock her. "You think you know my husband, but you don't."

"I know all of the ins and outs of him, Jin. I even know his go-to moves in bed. I know how he is with you, so soft and gentle. He's nothing like that with me, rough and passionate."

I can't help but roll my eyes. "Because he hates you, that's not passion. It's hate-sex."

"You're saying you can't love someone and have hate-sex with them?" She smirks.