Chapter 11

Ophir

Jin has since moved out and my room feels large and empty. I kind of feel like the circle is caving in on me, but the first thing I did when she was gone was sliding the master key under Marigold's door...what did I care if she had it for?

I haven't had sex since Jin left because I just want to lay in bed- a day...it's been a day since she moved into her own room. I hate this, I feel like a rotten child at this point throwing a tantrum, but I don't care.

Nights are so lonely and it looks like I'll just spend another one lying here, staring at the ceiling. I don't know what's worse; having her here so close, but unattainable or having her far away from me where we are completely apart.

The door unlocks and Marigold steps in wearing a black robe. "My beautiful, sweet husband." She says softly.

"Oh, it's you." I sigh disappointed.

"I'm here to make you feel better, my love." She steps closer to me and takes off her robe to expose gold lingerie.

"Oh...I mean, you can try." I lazily move my head away from facing her just so I didn't have to see the sight.

She lays on top of me and kisses my cheek. "Let it out, talk to me."

"We were a mistake."

"No." She kisses my neck. "We are not. Don't let her degrade you. You are a king blessed by Oriel, you deserve as many as you want."

"I could've been different with her, if you weren't so jealous- I would still be with her." I growl and roll over on my side, moving her off of me.

"No. No, we are in love." She climbs over me so we are facing each other again. "Let me make love to you." Her hands go down my chest.

"I don't want to hear the word 'love' ever again." I gaze into her eyes unamused.

"Then let me fuck you." She smiles and brushes my hair back.

"Why are you doing this?" I sigh.

"Because I worship you, my husband, unlike her."

"Don't speak about her like that!" I raise my voice.

"You know it's the truth." She frowns. "She doesn't accept you like I do."

"She is everything." I frown.

"I know." Marigold sighs and stares into my eyes.

"I lost her again and I didn't even do anything this time."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Marigold wraps her arms around me.

"You are not sorry! You're celebrating! This is what you wanted all along!"

"I'm not, I don't want my baby daddy sad."

"Do not call me that." I snap.

"What? Why not?" She jerks her head back.

"I am not your baby daddy, I am a king."

"You are my husband and I am carrying your daughter." She cups my cheek.

"Yes, so I am not your baby daddy." I huffed annoyed and cross my arms over my chest. "You only want to be mine now that I really want another- it's sabotage, you throwing yourself at me was elaborate sabotage."

"Work with me, babe." She kisses softly and pulls back. "Can you honestly say you don't want me anymore? You want Jin all to yourself for the rest of your life? No more me, no more bar whores."