They Ask You Out/You Ask Them Out

A/n here we are! Things are finally happening! Woot! Let's not stall and jump right back into the story!

Hinata Shōyō

     Karasuno was having a practice match against Nekoma. Finally, the game ended with Nekoma winning. Everyone dispersed to talk to each other, team mom to team mom, captain to captain, etc. Hinata approached the pudding headed setter of Nekoma, also known as one of your close friends.

     "Kenma, I have a question." Hinata said, unusually calm, but basically dying from fear on the inside. Kenma looked up from his phone at Hinata, signaling that he's listening.

     "If I wanted to ask a girl out, how exactly would I do it?" Hinata nervously spat out. Kenma raised an eyebrow at the ginger.

     "I'm not really the right person to talk to about things like that. But this is about y/n, isn't it?" Hinata's face turned a bright red color as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck while nodding. Kenma looked down to his phone. Tapping a few things before holding the phone up to his ear.

     "Hey... We just finished it... We won... Hinata has something he needs to tell you... Mhm... I'm giving the phone to him." Kenma carried out a quiet conversation with, presumably, you over the phone before handing said object to a nervously shaking Hinata.

     "Y/n! H-hey!" He stuttered out.

     "Hey. Kenny said you have something to tell me."

     "U-uh. About that..." He swallowed hard. "See, the thing is... Uh,"

     "Come on, it can't be that hard to say, can it?" You giggled over the phone. Hinata smiled softly at the sound of your delicate laughter.

     "You're right. So the thing I needed to say was... I like you. A lot. Will you be my girlfriend?" Hinata held his breath as he waited for your response.

     "I thought you'd never ask." He could basically hear the smile in your voice as he released the breath he was holding. You two said your awkward goodbyes, knowing tomorrow would be a very great day. Hinata handed the phone back to Kenma.

     "Thank you so much!" Hinata said with a teary grin as he looked towards the shy pudding head.

     "No problem. She's liked you for a while, anyway." Hinata's face burst into red once again as Kenma walked away, leaving the shocked shrimp behind.

Kageyama Tobio

     Kageyama was walking towards your house, a small bouquet of roses held in his hands and a blush creeping up on his cheeks. He was silently reviewing his mental script as the Oikawa household got closer and closer.

     When he finally arrived, he took a final deep breath before walking up the two steps in front of your door. He timidly rose a fist, swallowing hard, and knocking on the door. He could faintly hear voices inside followed by footsteps. When the door finally opened, he was met with the person he was praying wouldn't answer the door; Oikawa Tooru.

     "Hello? Oh. It's just you. Finally decided to confess, huh, Tobio-chan?" He said with a mocking voice and a smirk to match.

     "Yes I did. May I please talk to y/n?" Kageyama was forcing himself to be polite. After all, if the next several, several years go as planned, this is the man that will end up being his brother-in-law. Oikawa called up to you, receiving a groan from an unknown room followed by footsteps.

     Next thing he knows, you're standing in front of the door, pushing your brother away when you saw Kageyama. You were wearing pajama shorts and a tank top. Your hair was a mess and you were wearing your glasses that he knew you only wore at home, wearing contact lenses at school. You looked like you had just fallen out of bed after an all nighter, and yet you still looked lovely in his eyes.