Chapter 5- Let's Kill Tonight

Chapter 5: Let's Kill Tonight

A week finally passed and it was now the day for the masquerade ball at the Lockwood's house. Isn't there a guy name Tyler Lockwood that goes to my school? Anyway, we had school off so everyone could get ready. I was currently at Elena's house getting ready since she was going help me.         

"It's better this way, no one's going to get hurt." She was saying. We were talking about why she broke up with Stefan.

"Yeah yeah I know, but don't listen to the little brat, at least that's what I would do. Stefan and Damon will probably kill her soon anyway." I told her. My phone started going off and I picked it up, seeing it was Damon.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"You need to come over right now." He instructed. I could hear movement in the background and Alaric's voice.

"Why? And why is Alaric there?" I questioned.

"Ryan, just come." He hung up.

"Sorry Elena, I have to go, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I sighed, grabbed my dress, and walked to my car Alaric finally bought me. I headed to Stefan's and Damon's house to see Bonnie, Caroline, Jeremy, and Alaric there.

"Ryan, what are you doing here?" Alaric asked.

"I'm wondering the same thing." I muttered.

"We're gonna kill Katherine." Jeremy announced.

"I'm in!" I grinned.

"No your not." Damon and Alaric said at the same time. They glared at each other while I glared at both of them.

"Well why can't I help?" I pouted.

"You're human, Katherine will kill you in an instant." Damon told me.

"Well why is Alaric and Jeremy helping?" I pointed at them.

"Alaric's not coming to the ball and Jeremy has his ring." Stefan answered.

"So where does that leave me?" I questioned.

"You'll be going to the ball, but away from all of this. You just make sure Katherine doesn't hurt anyone." Alaric replied.

"That sucks." I huffed. Truthfully, I'm surprised they're letting me go at all.

"Well I do need my date." Damon came over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I stepped down hard on his foot and he automatically stepped away from me.

"Remember, I'm only doing this because of the deal." I reminded him. He grumbled something I didn't catch and stole my dress in my arms. He took it our of the plastic and whistled.

"At least my date's gonna be hot." He said.

"Caroline's making me wear it!" I took it back from him.

"Well you better hurry up, we're leaving in an hour." Stefan told us. Caroline squealed and dragged me away from them. This will be a long hour..

***************

"You look beautiful!!!!" Caroline screamed. I covered my ears and glared at her.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I smiled.

"Well come on! They're gonna leave without us!" She dragged me back down stairs. We met the boys at the bottom of the stairs and Damon hooked arms with me.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear.

"I know." I smirked. He rolled his eyes but helped me to the car. He opened the door for me like a gentleman, for once. He got in on the drivers side and we were off to the Lockwood's mansion.