❁two❁

"from that day when i first heard you sing, your voice officially became my favourite sound."

"oh shit, i forgot to take my wallet down." jungkook said after looking through every pocket on his pants. 

"i can lend you some money first. you can return me later." his friend, taehyung offered while fishing out his wallet to get some spare money.

"no thanks man, i'll just get back to class to get it. you guys can eat ahead of me first." he rejected. after that, he jogged out of the canteen towards his classroom to get his wallet.

while jogging along the route back to the classroom, he jogged passed the music room which instantly made him jogged back towards it.

he heard a familiar melody which he immediately recognized.

it was one of his recent favorite songs, 2u, sung by his favorite singer, justin bieber.

he knew the voice belonged to a girl, but he did not know who. 

he loved her voice and was somehow attracted to it. it was not necessarily powerful, instead it was really sweet like honey. it was as if it could put him to sleep.

and he was curious on who it was, more specifically wanted to know who that beautiful voice belonged to.

he peeked through the small opening, only to see a girl's back facing him as she played the grand piano and sang. that girl had a silky black hair which was oddly familiar to him.

without knowing, he stepped into the music room and sung along with her. "don't miss out on a love and regret yourself on it."

the girl jumped and stopped singing and playing the piano. and at that moment, jungkook realized what he had done. 

the girl turned around and jungkook immediately knew who it was.

"kim yerim?"

"jeon jungkook?"

they exclaimed each others name in unison.

"what are you doing here?" she asked.

jungkook was in a daze. he smiled awkwardly and scratched his nape as he replies,"i was on my way back to class to get my wallet and just so passed by the music room. i heard your singing and thought it was really nice. not in a creepy way of course! in addition, this is one of my recent favorite song and yeah."

she giggled, "thanks. even if its empty words."

"wait what? no! that's not what i meant! i  genuinely liked your singing a lot!" he protested.

she giggles again as she says,"i was joking but i guess thank you then. hey, wanna join?" 

he nods his head and made his way to sit beside yerim who already made some space for him.

she starts playing the same song again, singing it too. jungkook took a few seconds to admire how her fingers swiftly ran across a bunch of keys on the piano passionately. 

soon, he joined her in singing which made yerim look at him and smile. 

after a few minutes they finished singing the song, which they both clapped afterwards,"hey, your singing is great too." she  compliments which made  the tips of his ears to turn red.

"thanks. i'll get going first, my friends must me worried." 

"yeah alright. bye." she waves at him.

"hey jungkook!" she yells which made him turn back to her who was smiling brightly at him.

"it was nice knowing more about you! hope we'll get closer!" she says with both of her thumbs up.

"yeah, i hope so too. that we would get closer." he thought as he made his way back to the canteen with that mischievous grin on his face.

~A/N~
do y'all like this book so far?
i would love to see yall's feedback about it! 💞💞