❁six❁

"you make me determine. determine to win, just for you."

"hey, rim. are you free in the afternoon at three?" jungkook asked before taking a bite of his sandwich. "why, though?" she did not answer him, instead she asks him a question.

"i've got a basketball match later at three. i wanted you to cheer for me." he simply replied as he continued to take bites of his sandwich.

she sighs instead, "sorry kook, got an interview to attend later. its important." 

he nods in response, pouting slightly. "hey, smile, kook, smile. i'll try to go, alright? i may be late, though." his face brightened up almost immediately, "so you coming?" 

"yeah, i'll try." she winks while showing him a bright smile. "i promise."

~~~

the match was starting in about five minutes, and yerim have yet to arrive just yet. he drank many mouthfuls of water from his water bottle as he waits patiently.

two minutes left, but she wasn't here yet. he loses hope on her arriving to watch him. he sulks, which was noticed by his teammate, mingyu. "hey mate, why are you sulking?"

"was hoping to see someone here, but guess she isn't coming," he explains. "guess promises are meant to be broken." he mutters as he signs in disappointment.

soon, the match had begun, with the spiritless captain, him, their team did not perform as well. he fought hard, trying his best to prevent the opponent from scoring the points which succeed sometimes. 

and soon, a long time had passed before the first match was finally over. the team ran towards their side of the court, hydrating themselves and using the fullest of the five minutes to prepare themselves for the next and final match.  

they were behind three points from the opponent team which may have caused them to get a little scolding from their coach. 

three minutes left on the clock, jungkook uses the time to drink more water and giving himself some warm-ups as preparation for the next round.

just then, he heard a familiar voice calling out for him. he could definitely recognize that voice. it belonged to the person he had waited to arrive at the match to watch him, kim yerim. 

he throws her into a hug, which may have caused a little reaction from the crowd. it was surely quite a scene to see the famous basketball captain, jeon jungkook, hugging some female student not many people even know.

he did not care less, he was just too overjoyed to see the person right now, who is in his embrace. "i thought you wouldn't come." he whispers in her ears as he tightens his grip around her waist. 

"didn't i promise you that i would come?" she replies as soothes his back. "i guess promises are not meant to be broken, especially when it's kim yerim." he thought which made him grin even more.

they were only blessed with a few seconds of hugging before he hears his teammate shouting at him, which had forced him to pull away from her. "hey, you lovebirds! its not the time for all the hugs right now! the match is starting!"

he pulls away from the hug, which yerim immediately took the chance to cup his face as she told him encouraging yet supportive words, "all the best, i'll be cheering for you. and if you didn't know, im a very lucky person, im sure my luck would help you win mvp, again!"

he smiles sweetly at her, with eyes full of determination, "i promise i will win this match and be mvp again this year." 

and jogged back towards his teammates, standing in position, all ready to win this match and scatch that trophy back to the person who it belonged, which was he, himself, jeon jungkook.

"just like how you didn't break your promise, im not breaking mine either."

he and his teammates fought hard, grabbing every opportunity to scatch that ball from their opponents and trying their best to prevent their opponent from getting the ball to the hoop.

according to his own teammates, that was sure the first time they had seen him this serious and determined to win a match. surely, with yerim there, it helped him very much in focusing more. 

soon, from having three points apart, it became a tie and in the end being five points more than the opponent before the match ended, with jungkook's team as champion and jungkook as mvp once again this year.

he bites his gold medal with the side of his teeth and holding the huge golden colored metal trophy up into the air, proudly and arrogantly with everyone on their side cheering and clapping for their victory.

he runs towards yerim, carrying her up high and spinning her in circles. they were both certainly extremely happy. he puts her back on the firm ground gently, smiling at her widely, so wide that it seemed like his mouth would break. 

"good job, kook. i'm very proud of you!" she praises him, giving two thumbs up.

he says nothing but hands her his gold trophy. "take it."

she declines almost immediately, waving her hands in front of her chest as she shook her head in refusion. "no, no, no, i can't take this. you fought for it and won it, so you deserve to keep it. not me, i didn't do anything to deserve this."

he smiles, taking her hands and wrapping it around the trophy. 

"i would not have won this if it wasn't for you. i won this for you, not for myself. and you also contributed on helping me to win this. so no one except you deserves to keep this."

~A/N~
halooo😘 im quite free currently so yall can expect updates from this book especially!💗💦 i'll update this book more often!😘