❁four❁

"you are courageous. never afraid to help someone although it may cause you trouble."

"what's happening there?" she asks as she points towards the crowd.

"i don't know-hey! where are you going?"

"to see that. i'm curious," she says as she casually walked towards the crowd while drinking her carton of milk.

"wait up, will you?" he jogged to catch up with her.

they got into the middle of the crowd, squishing through to get to the front to see the situation. and were left only to see three muscular boys crowding around a boy who was smaller as compared to them.

the boy seemed, afraid. and both jungkook and yerim immediately knew who those three muscular boys were. the bullies. the school bullies.

"hand the money or i will beat you up." the one in the middle commanded.

those three bullies did not even need the money. in fact, all three of them were considered from rich families. but the reason why they bullied people to get money? it was just for fun.

it was quoted that it was fun to do these horrible things to people.

"hand the money! quickly! don't keep me waiting. i'm not a patient type of person."

the boy was obviously scared. he obviously did not want to get beaten up, but he also did not want to hand his money to the bullies.

"i-i-i need t-the money to e-eat." he stutters.

"who cares if you starve or whatever. i want your money."

his last sentence made yerim's blood boil. the grip on her milk carton tightens, she surely couldn't handle watching this anymore.

"take this for me," she said and gave jungkook her milk carton before stepping into the scene.

"are you guys stupid or dumb or just both? can't you understand simple english that he needs the money to eat?" she hissed and glared at them sternly.

jungkook was shocked. that girl right there isn't the kim yerim he knew. she was different, completely different.

"excuse me? who is this here? you know what? i always get whatever i want so when i want the money, i get it. maybe i would recommend you to get out of this or you will get into deep trouble."

she laughs before scooping out some cash from her pocket and throwing it on his face. "oh honey, on my watch, i don't think you achieve that. and i didn't know you guys are so poor, here's some cash."

her comments sure made them fume up. the guy raised his hand, prepared to throw a fist at her. but before that could happen, jungkook rushed towards them, grabbing his fist.

"this fella here, i don't think it's very nice of you to hit a female, am i right?"

at the sight of jungkook, they ran off immediately. because despite being muscular, they were still a no match to jungkook.

just because jungkook was much more powerful than them. he is the captain of the school's basketball team, along with his huge number of fans, very protective fans. so before jungkook himself throws a fist at them, they would have been beaten up till near death by his fans.

in conclusion, as compared to jungkook, they were like tiny little ants.

"thanks, jeon." yerim thanked but was still bewildered by him.

"no problem, honey. let's bring him to the nurses." he said before putting one of the boy's arms on his shoulders and walking him to the nurses while yerim could only follow them behind with a flushed face.

~~~

"he would need to have some rest first, so he would have the permission to take a nap for half an hour before joining classes again. and thank you for bringing him here. you are dismissed." the nurse said before they head off back to class'

"hey rim." he called out, which yerim could only hum in respond.

"i got a new name for you. katy kim." and that made yerim shoot him an extremely confused face.

"because you looked cool just now. i think this name is cool too and would suit the cool side of you." he explained which amazed yerim.

"cool. i like it, the name."

"great then, let's go back to class. we are late." he said and then held her hand before running to class.

he turns back, seeing their interlocked hands and the lovely smile on her face which instantly put a smile on his face too.

there he realised after spending more time with her, he have been smiling a lot more.

and the reason was her.

~A/N~
an update finally!! after idk how long!
im so sorry about that!!😙😅
enjoyyy~~💖💖