[12]

Thanks for 1k reads! :'))))

As of 8th June:
I think I accidentally unpublished this part. Only just realised it whoops.

-_-_-

Eunbi

"I'm telling you the truth! I don't smoke!"

What is happening to me? Why aren't they listening?

"We found the cigarettes in your bag after a student told us that she saw you smoking at a corner of our school. Stop denying," the teacher reasoned through gritted teeth.

"I've never smoked in my life, Maybe someone is just trying to accuse me of something I didn't do!"

No matter what I say, the teachers won't believe me.

They say that all evidence points to the fact that I smoke.

Even if I ask them to check the surveillance cameras outside our classroom to see if someone stuffed the cigarettes into my bag, they said that they rather not waste their time.

My aunt was called to the principal's office. I was apparently not allowed to utter a single word to defend myself as the principal used all means to shut me up.

"My niece claims that she was set up. So what about you just take her advice and check the surveillance cameras. Do you have something to hide?"

The more shocking thing is that the files from the surveillance cameras were gone, presumably thrown away.

And just like that, I was deemed guilty of smoking.

"Your status as the president of student council will be taken away. Your vice president will take your place instead,"

These words crushed me. It felt like all I had was getting stolen from me. It felt so unfair. I never once thought of smoking, especially since I'm underaged, yet they were so sure of it. So sure that they decided to kick me out. Does my contributions do the school not matter?

"Eunbi!" I heard a voice call out to me.

Eunwoo...

I just continued walking, too devastated to talk to anyone.

"Hey! Wait! Eunbi!"

A firm grip on my shoulder, he stopped me in my tracks.

"I need some time alone,"I merely told him before walking away.

He sprinted in front of me, bending his knees little to meet my eyes. I looked down. I did not want anyone to see me in this kind of state, looking so pathetically useless, tear running down my cheeks.

I chuckled, "I look like such a joke right now, huh? The school's cold and practically heartless 'ice princess' crying . I guess no one can put up a brave and strong front for too long before breaking down,"

It was how often I would mask my feelings behind a poker face that it seems so hard to express my feelings, whether it is happiness, anger, guilt, or in this case, sadness.

"It's okay to cry once a while, I can assure you that. And I can assure you that whatever happens, I will fix the situation and give you back the place in the council that you deserve," he said firmly with a comforting smile as he wipes the tears off my cheeks.

I pulled his hand down, a feeling of hopelessness washing over me. Watching him trying to help me was such a familiar scene. It felt like it was the exact same words my aunt told me when I first got into this mess. She said it with such confidence that I could not help but believe in her words. But it crushed me crushed me even further when I realised she could not help me, nobody can.

"Don't make empty promises like that. Many have already tried to help. They failed, and I guess you are next," I told him solemnly, a bit guilty because I knew he was just trying to be nice.

The little sparks of confidence in his eyes did not seem to fade away.

"Except that unlike the rest, I might have a piece if information no one else knows,"

My eyes widened. What did Eunwoo know that no one else didn't?

He continued speaking.

"Have you ever thought who was the one who told on you in the first place?"

____