Chapter 5: Midnight Dessert

A/N: Hey guys! I know I totally said that I was dropping Devon on the previous chapter. But then I had done so much thinking and I realized I can’t let him go. LOL. So I’m giving him his old role back :)) But to those who still want Ben Barnes, don’t worry. I’ve got a plan for him ;)

TOM

I watched her carefully as we all walked down the hallway. There was something about her that’s rather enthralling. From the minute Kevin has stepped inside with her, I knew my life has taken the first step to a whole new adventure for the best. She was truly something that I have yet to figure out.

I listened intently, silently trailing behind her. It exactly wasn’t my intention to do eaves dropping but out of a sudden I wanted nothing else but to hear her sweet voice. I sheepishly smiled to myself as I recalled the sound of her laugh. It was effortlessly contagious.

Chris Hemsworth nudged me by my lowest rib noticing. He jabbed his chin towards her direction and I just smiled. He then gave me a knowing look.

She laughed softly as she walked with the other girls; they were watching Robert and Mark banter ridiculously. 

“C’mon Downey! It’s getting late…” Mark trailed off.

“Exactly my point. We can go clubbing right now.” Robert said matter of factly.

“You may have a point Robert, but we aren’t exactly dressed to go clubbing.” Scarlette countered.

“Uhuh. I see. Well then we boys will just go then.” Robert replied nonchalantly.

“Robert!” Gwyn whined.

“What do ‘yah think mate?” Chris asked me.

“Why don’t we just go for a decent dinner instead of alcohols?” I answered.

“Of course. Dinner anyone?” Chris boomed louder for everyone to hear.

The girls answered ‘Yes’ in chorus. The guys nodded in agreement. Robert groaned but agreed eventually.

As we entered the parking lot, we all went separate ways to get to our cars. I noticed she was about to go the same way I was going so I waited until we were beside each other. She looked up at me and smiled. I was taken aback for a minute. Her smile was so warm and sweet. Inhumanely sweet. 

“Hi. Do you have your own car or you’ll be riding with the others?” I asked suddenly worried. What if she didn’t have a car? She’d be commuting home then? That’s utterly absurd. Maybe I could just drive her home to ensure she’s gonna be safe. What? What’s wrong with me. Well there’s nothing wrong with keeping her safe. It’s what friends do. Ma-

“Hey Tom,” she beamed cutting me off then said, “yes I do have my own car and yes I’ll be riding with the others since I think some would want to join me.”

I smiled at her and was about to say something when, as if on cue…

Emily and Gwyn came rushing after her. Perhaps they’d be riding with her this time to continue their chat. Gwyn came with Rob this afternoon and Emily came with Scarlette. 

“Hey.” Emily told her softly, hooking her arm around Claire’s.

“Oh hey Mom.” She grinned.

“Guess I better get used to that from this day onwards.” Emily said causing them to shake with laughter.

“You better, Em. And I don’t think that would be hard considering you have such an adorably sweet princess here. Anyways, we’re coming with you this time Claire. We really don’t want you being alone this time of the night and we don’t have a ride with us since Rob and Scarlette fetched us. Hope you won’t mind?” Gwyn asked her politely.