Chapter 7: The Fries!

CLAIRE

“So how do we do this?” Dev asked as we sat on the wooden floor of the studio.

By now, Alden has instructed us to come up with a scene which would involve action, drama, romance, and comedy. Such a handful. He has us randomly grouped. Picking one up and settling one into a group. 

So… here I am sitting in between Cobie and Jaimie across from Dev, Tom, and Zach chewing on my share of the tons of BBF Burger Bundles that Alden has asked an assistant to bring in. Fifteen minutes ago we just finished with the crazy tongue twisters exercise with Alden successfully tying our tongues and had us rolling on the floor each time someone gets the words slurred. 

“C’mon guys. Speak up. Time is running. We’ve only got thirty minutes and by the looks of it we haven’t achieved anything for the past fifteen minutes.” Cobie mumbled while playing with the burger box.

“Actually we have…” Zach countered.

“And what is that?” Jaimie asked looking totally puzzled.

“Filled our tummies.” Dev said matter-of-factly.

“And stared off to space…” Tom continued.

I rolled my eyes. “Totally helping.”

Suddenly, “Lightbulb!” The boys said. They all turned to each other and asked at the same time, “Know what I’m thinking?”

We girls just stared at them. Then, we were suddenly compressed, looking like a football team running through a game plan with our arms draped on the shoulders of the ones beside us.

“Let’s get this on.” The boys said grimly.

“If you ever dare lay a finger on that, Gold Beard!” ‘Sif’ shouted with threat coating her every word.

‘Fandral’ raised an eyebrow at her challengingly and poked a fry. “What do you plan to do now Steel Maiden?”

Immediately, ‘Sif’ moved swiftly, making me visualize the scene where in Agent Romanoff automatically pulls a gun under the table as Dr. Banner ‘loses control’ to see what Agent Romanoff would do, but this time her hands were holding an imaginary blade (her weapon in the movies, LOL, I really can’t get my mind to name it). We were all having our hands as guns pointed at Fandral’s direction completely revising the whole Natasha-Bruce scene.

“Stand down.” Sif ‘miraculously’ said through the imaginary ear piece as Fandral raised his hands up in surrender. 

The rest of our group (Me, Tom, Cobie, and Dev) literally stood up then sat back down.

Zach and Jaimie then freezes. Their lips automatically gets pursed into a line as they try their best not to let a laugh slip or even a smile and focus on not breaking out of character as the rest of the cast who aren’t on our team laughed outrageously.

We are currently seating in our improvised tables in small groups. Tom, Dev, and I in one group and Cobie on her own. LOL.

“Coulson. I swear. I will have you avenged,” Agent Hill took a ‘mournful’ bite at her fry, “I will call on the Avengers,” another bite, “and have you avenged!” Sniffs and sips a huge gulp in her coke. She slams her fist in ‘sorrow’ at the improvised table and dramatically slams her head down and we could hear her muffled giggles. She then swiftly looks up and on cue a tear escaped her wide, enraged eyes and rolls down her cheek. She then freezes as well and tries her hardest to keep in control.

Our turn

“Yeah you can just walk out that door Reindeer Games and I swear you won’t have a single scratch.” Jared offered. I elbowed him.