2.

Previously in What happens next:

"C'mon man, you skip out on us by text, tell us your moving back to your homeland and next time we try to reach you your number is disconnected. Never got a new number, no nothing, no real explanation. We went to Australia, you know, asked your parents if they knew where you were 'in Australia somewhere with his new girlfriend.' is what we got, they said you wouldn't want anyone to know where. Now you are finally here and we want to know what happened to you to suddenly felt the need to cut not only us but everyone out of your life almost two years ago. Even with a girlfriend you still could've kept in touch. How we know you are here and how we got your number doesn't matter." Colin replied.

"No I couldn't, we couldn't. It was too much, we had to leave the States. Please, mates, don't push to get answers. Now, I'm going to hang up, never contact me again and delete this phone number." Finn said with his voice full of emotion.

"What do you mean, what was too much? Finn, please tell us." Logan's voice pleaded.

"Goodbye."

He pushed the red button and the line went dead.

--

It has been a month since the call from Colin and Logan asking for an explanation. When that call ended Finn and Rory packed up their suitcases and got back on the jet to the down under, afraid of them showing up at their Hartford house. Surely they knew where they lived if they knew he was in the States and found his new number, it would only be a matter of time before they would show up.

Much to Rory's relief they respected Finn's wishes and hadn't contacted him again. She could see how much impact that one call had made on her husband. He tried to hide it in front of her but she could see how much he missed them. 

Finn had spent much of his time with his friends and his wife at the beach. He and his friends would go surf in the sea, while the girls of the group would stay on the beach with Rory. Normally the girls and Rory would go into the water surfing the waves with the guys but with Rory being 6 months pregnant that was pretty much impossible, so instead they would stay on the beach or go in and float around till the boys were done. 

For being six months along Rory didn't show as much as all other woman, if someone didn't know she was pregnant they would say she just ate a bit too much. Although she relatively didn't show Rory didn't like the way she looked and Finn had to remind her often how beautiful she was.

One night they were sitting at home watching re-runs of the office, Rory didn't like it but she knew they had to talk about that call. They had talked about it a few times already, but never got to a conclusion about what they would do. 

"Hon, can we talk?" She looked up at him from his chest.

"This is about that call isn't it Love?" He paused the tv and looked at her.

"Yeah. I can see that you miss them and I get it, they were your first real friends in the States." She replied.

"I do miss them kitten but I have my best mates and sheila's here also. I don't need them anymore. You left more behind than me."

"There was nothing for me back there after what happened, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be here anymore. I'll admit that I miss Lane, Paris, Lucy and Olivia sometimes, but I built a new life here, together with you and our little girl and our friends. But what will we do when we go back to visit my family?" a few tears slipped from her eyes thinking back to the time between when she got that call from the hospital when she was just two months into her job at the campaign trail to the moment deciding to take her own life because she couldn't help but feel the pain of the major losses in her life to the moment of actually standing on the edge of that cliff in Costa Rica when Finn saved her.

"We'll cross that bridge when we'll come to it." He kissed her forehead wiping her tears away. "Now what do you say we turn of the tv and turn in early for today?" 

Rory slept restless that night, she woke up from nightmares several times and whenever she did get a bit of sleep she tossed and turned untill waking up again. Finn was by her side the whole time and eventually they both were tired of not getting any sleep and he thought that a bath would do them some good. 

He went in the bathroom and filled up the tub with water and a nice aroma, he put on some nice and relaxing music on the speakers they installed a few months ago and he brought Rory in the bathroom, slowly and sensually undressed her and helped her in the water before quickly undressing himself and getting in and he sat down behind her. He began massaging her shoulders to release some of the tension that had built up in her from the nightmares tonight. 

"Hm, that feels so good." Rory moaned. Finn smiled at her words and leaned forward to kiss her shoulder, his lips longering a bit before pulling back again.

Moments like these were special between them and only the smallest gestures like this were the reason.  Small gestures showed how much they loved each other without having to say it out loud. 

When morning came Finn made his lovely wife a special breakfast. He came up the stairs he noticed her leaning against the door from the nursery with a tear stained face and her hand on her stomach.

"They won't get to meet her." she cried 

"We'll make sure that little Lorelai Emily Morgan will know them, she will know about them and they will see her, Love, they are always watching over us." Finn soothed. After a while they ate their breakfast and they cuddled up on the couch for the rest of the morning before going shopping and having dinner at his parents house. All in all it turned out to be a pretty relaxing day

Or at least that is what they thought untill they saw two young men sitting on their doorstep...