7.

That same day Finn made a promise to her to Rory to return to the husband he was before, the one who talked to her, the one who was by her side 24/7, the one who didn't act distant. He was her husband again, in all aspects.

Now almost two months later, nothing but that aspect had changed, Finn continued to be true to his promise to her, Colin still refuses to go home so Finn and Rory finally gave in and made the guest bedroom he has been residing in his own. It was kind of like having an adult with the mind of a 5 or a 10-year-old around the house. He wasn't planning on leaving either, every time they found him he was on the phone with his dad, he was trying to sweet talk his dad into letting him relocate in the office that is near Sydney.

They had yet to hear from Logan again. Their guess was that he was still processing and coming to terms with the thought of his best friend with the girl who had turned down his proposal, the girl he had still loved, the one that got away. They wanted to know how he was doing but also didn't want to press matters with him.

"Colin! Are you ready to come with us? It is your room we are furniture shopping for today as well as for the nursery."

"Coming, mother. Just had to finish up a call with my dad, I think I'm starting to wear him down to let me relocate to Sydney." Colin came in the room at a fast pace and quickly put on his shoes.

Once outside there was someone the three of them wanted to see but hadn't expected. They thought he would be long gone by now, back in California.

"I never actually thought that you would be this high maintenance."

"What do you mean?" Rory asked.

"Just that I never pictured you in this big a house, with a huge backyard, that is all."

"It's not that big." Rory defended.

"Oh come on, Rory, not even you are that blind. Two-story French provincial-inspired residence. 7 king-sized bedrooms, office, 7 bathrooms, including a lavish master suite with stone ensuite and dressing room. Self-contained guest/au pair's quarters with generous entertaining and kitchenette. Multiple grand formal and casual entertaining areas, rumpus/billiard room, fully equipped home theatre, wine cellar. French provincial kitchen with double Ilve ovens, walk-in pantry, cool room and marble finishes. Fully fenced grounds, gazebo, 15m pool with spa, floodlit championship tennis court, vast lawn, wide terraces. Horse area with stables, pool house, 110,000-litre underground water, vegetable garden, chicken coop, children's playground. High ceilings, slate roof, fireplaces, natural timber and stone flooring, porte-cochère entranceway, sandstone and exposed brick façade, 6-car LUG. C-Bus smart home automation, zoned under-floor heating, zoned air conditioning, ducted vacuum system, full security. Not that big, please. My parent's house is smaller than this! How many people do you employ? Three maids? Three/four gardeners? A pool-boy maybe? A personal chef?"

"Is it a crime to have luxuries, officer?" Finn chimed in.

"Where did you get that information anyway?" Colin asked.

Logan ignored the two men and kept his focus on his ex-girlfriend. "How many high-brand clothing do you have in that walk in closet of yours? Alexander McQueen, Luciano Soprani, Ally Capellino, Prada, Anderson & Sheppard, Michael Kors, Anna Valentine, Balmain, Armani, Christian Louboutin, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Sherri Hill, Jimmy Choo Ltd, Kate Spade , Lacoste, Chanel, Versace, Vera Wang, Louis Vuitton, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Christian Dior, Karl Lagerfeld, Dolce & Gabbana, Ermanno Scervino , Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs? I'm not just throwing out brands am I? I bet you also have a few Cartier and Tiffany necklaces, bracelets and earrings and don't forget that rock of an engagementring. Not to mention the hundreds of shoes. Maybe even a few Birkin bags."

"Yes! Okay! I've changed much since you last saw me more than two years ago! I've learned to accept things that are given to me! Is that such a crime?! After all that has happened to me I think I deserve at least some luxury." Rory screamed at him.

"After all that has happened to you?" He snorted. "You changing into a rich, spoiled trust fund baby, who accepts all the expensive things that come your way has nothing to do with 'what happened to you', that was just the necessary push for you to become who you really are, who you always, from deep inside have been."

"That's quite enough, don't you think mate. If you please excuse us, we had plans to go furniture shopping. So if you don't mind we will walk you of our property, then we will all be on our way." Finn said, trying really hard to keep his temper and to keep from hitting his former friend.

"Finn, hun, I don't think that we'll do any furniture shopping today." Rory said awkwardly.

"What, why?" He asked confused.

"My water broke. Your daughter wants to make an entrance today." Her eyes were glazed with tears as she smiled up at her husband. "Sorry Colin. I guess your new furniture has to wait." She said apolethicly as she turned to him.

Finn had already ran inside to get the bag and car keys, at first he couldn't find them because he was so frantic. His daughter was coming today, his wife was in labor!

Before they drove away they heard Logan yell one more thing. "Make sure that baby of yours doesn't grow up a spoiled trust fund baby like it's mom!"