Don't forget

The exwires stayed with the twins while they were in the hospital room, each of them taking a two hour shift. None of them minded much, this was a perfect excuse to have some quiet time and do homework. The only person who visited the twins everyday was Shiro. He would sit in the middle of the two beds and patiently wait for the twins to wake up, he had so many questions. Why were they in Glenna? Why did they bring the exwires there? Who hurt them? The exwires don't have much to tell, only talking about grey shadows and what they brought back. But the twins have memories, they understood Gehenna in a way the average human mind can't comprehend.

    After 4 days the twins woke up in panic. Both of them were checking if they still had their limbs and their eyes, and most importantly, that they still have each other. When the two saw each other they immediately rushed to the embrace of each other's arms, holding each other as tight as possible in fear that if they let go they will never see each other. Shiro was happy to see them alright, everyday he grew closer and closer to the twins, almost thinking of them as sons. When the exwires saw them they were both relieved and worried at the same time. Relieved because they were finally awake. worried because they noticed that the twins appear to be more human than they thought.

    "Did they say anything to you? Any future plans?" Shura asked, the twins looked at each other and then asked "why would we tell you?" Shura rolled her eyes and said "Because you owe us, you two would still be hooked up onto a giant container of mercury if were not there." Rin then said "They didn't tell us anything new they just said that something big will happen soon and that it will change the minds of humans all around the world. Happy?" "No. Anything else?" "Well...they did say that phase two of our powers will kick in soon. But I don't remember them doing anything new to us. Nothing was injected, dissected, implanted, or created for us. " Yukio said

    A few hours after the twins woke up Mephisto visited. "Hello my lovely students!" The twins glared at him, "awe are my baby twin brothers upset? Well-" Mephisto was interrupted by the twins, both of their hands were through Mephisto's throat, holding onto his spine. "You are a traitor to your own kind. You will no longer be apart of our operation and instead suffer the punishment of eternal darkness." They said, Mephisto's eyes widened as the mark, of a sacrificial star started to form on his throat. "N-now now boys, l-lets not get t-to crazy here." Mephisto said, the twins only said "goodbye" before Mephisto turned into a black liquid, leaving his hat and cane behind.

    "What is eternal darkness? Is that a spell?" Shiemi asked. Yukio said "No, the spell of eternal darkness is a permanent curse. Whoever is unlucky enough to receive this curse are traitors. The traitor will spend the rest of eternity in a dark realm where they cannot speak, think, breathe,see, move, or escape."

    Shiro and the Vatican then had a meeting that same night. "We must terminate the twins. They have killed our wild card and at this point they can beat every exorcist in the world." "If they can kill every exorcist we have then how will we destroy them? Im going to guarantee you the holy water isn't going to do that." "What about mercury?" "That would not work because they would have to injected with tons of it and that is if they stay still enough." "Why don't we ask the exwires on what they saw? Just ask them how did the demons in Gehenna manage to inject the twins with mercury?" "They already said they only saw a blue shadow and then suddenly the twins were screaming. Besides we don't even know if that shadow was even Lucifer." "Enough!"

    Shiro interrupted the members of the Vatican. All of their plans were not going to work. Even if they found a plan they wouldn't be able to execute it. Shiro then said "Do not forget that the twins are human. Their mother was impregnated when she was human and they were both born while she was human. Although they bare the flames of Lucifer they are still a human being. One of our most sacred laws are that we shall not kill humans, no matter their origin and no matter their sins." A member groaned and said "that law does not apply to them because they aren't full human. They are half demon." Shiro crossed his arms and said "that is incorrect. Lucifer is a spirit but he can take human form. Since their mother was immune to his flames, the process of creation was possible and because they were in love i can guarantee you that the twins were made, born, and are a human. Don't even think about using the excuse that killing them would save millions of lives. If we actually had the power to kill them it would not be enough because they would just return to Gehenna. Also they aren't even the strongest demons in Gehenna. Anyone recall the Seven Deadly Sins? Lucifer? The demon army? If we were actually going to war we would need the twins as an ally since mephisto is now dead."

    As much as every Vatican member hated that Shiro was right they agreed.
Well then? How do we ensure our safety if the twins specifically were going to attack?" Shiro smirked and said " Don't forget, every human has a fear. Luckily for us our twins still has the same mental structure of a human, including fear. I Already have a good idea on what both of their fears are" "And what is that?"

"The fear of being alone. They grew up with each other, depended on each other. So there is two ways this can go. We kill one leading the other twin to die on his own or to turn them against each other eventually ending in both of their deaths. Simple."