41|GOOD NEWS

I come bearing the first bit of good news I've had since Monday morning 🙌🏼

M O O D because I'm so relived rn !

My family friend's sister has been moved to stable! After being critical for a lot of bleeding to a shot to the abdomen, things are finally looking up. She was rushed to surgery, but remained critical through the early hours of the morning and the next day, but today, she was finally considered stable!

As for her brother, although he's been healing very well, it looks like a long recovery process. He was shot in the leg and it seems that the bullet traveled all the way to his calf. It hit his popliteal artery (knee in easy terms 😂), and this caused a lot of blood loss. He was okay for the majority of time, but it seems that the blood loss is catching up to him. His hematocrit (blood levels) dropped drastically, and he was given a blood transfusion today to avoid any serious problems. Hopefully all goes well with that, and as of right now, it seems that it will. The hard part is the fact the healing process. Since he was shot in the leg, there were definitely concerns about walking. He is (thank goodness) able to walk with the help of crutches, but as of right now, he has no feeling in his foot. And get this: the doctor's took who knows what out during surgery and told him that the left the shrapnel in because it wouldn't cause any problems. Not going to lie, I'm lost there, but okay lol. We're hoping the feeling will eventually return, but he's worried that it may not and he won't be able to work as a nurse (this is how we know him: he's my sister's nursing school classmate turned best friend).

Our prayers have been heard, but please continue to send all your love to the many other victims who, unfortunately, didn't get so lucky.

Out of respect to my family friend, I won't post the picture here, but Donald Trump came to visit the hospital and met our friends. Not gonna lie, I'm not the biggest trump fan, but I thought it was a nice gesture. He looked like a Cheeto in the pic though (had to throw that in there at least once;sorry not sorry 😂)

Anyway, to a lighter topic: the NL wild card game was lit you guys! I was on the edge of my seat in that 4th inning. The Rockies were loosing, and bad, but they fought hard! They couldn't take the win, but it's a learning process. They gave it their all, and can use this to make a plan for next year.

On the bright side, October baseball is starting, and it's going to be lit af 🙌🏼

With love always,

All my pictures are back too!