Chapter 3 - Jack

Chapter 3- Jack(Yay at last)

I wake up panting like a I sprinted around our whole universe and back, It takes me a few moments to realise that I am in a small shelter made out of ice. I am lying on Her lap. That girl again. In the dim light of the sunset I work out that she is holding my staff. Stop. She is holding my staff and it looks like she is planning to snap it.

" No! No! My staff! Stop! Please!"I beg her. I looked into her eyes and I couldn't tear my gaze away. Her eyes. Her tuquoise icy eyes...she puts the staff down and we spend a few moments just staring at each other.

"But why? You must be freezing cold, I wanted to make a fire." she says quietly after that akward moment we had just then.

"Did you make the storm and shelter?" I ask her avoiding the question. I didn't mean for her to bust into tears. I try cooing her down so she can explain everything calmly.

"Shh....shh....calm down....please....Did you find my staff and make the snow?" I ask her as gently as possible. She stares at me like I'm crazy and talking nonsense.

"What staff....oh the branch thing is your staff...oh.....oh...I see....No why would I need a stick to make snow?"

"Then how did you make It? I see the poor girl is clearly depressed so I tried not to push her.

"I was cursed since I was born" she snaps back at me. I see frost forming on the ground under her fingers, I stare at her in awe but I immediately understand that this is not the right time to question her more. I slowly reach for my staff and pull it up close to me, hugging it. I don't want to test my skills in front of her especially now. Only now I notice that she is lying on her back staring at the ceiling, Her frozen tears smashing once they roll of her cheeks. I dare not to touch her.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" she cries, so I decide to answer honestly.

"I might get a flashback or nightmare"

For once in the whole time I seen her I see that she looks at me not in sympathy, but in pure understanding.

"I guess its the same for you then"  I say. She nodds.

"What is your name?" I ask her.

"Elsa"she smiles weakly."What's yours?"

"Jack"

"Tell me your story" she beggs.

I sigh." My full name is Jackson Overland Frost. Like the Jack Frost the spirit of winter. I was once human, I had a little sister. One winter we went ice skating on the frozen lake and...and..-"  tears start filling my eyes. "The ice cracked under her feet but I sacrificed myself to....to save her" I stare in empty space for a few moments."But the man in the moon pitied me and turned me into a guardian. I am immortal. I watched my sister live and die and for centuries no one, no one, believed in me. No one understood me. Until I found myself here, in your snowstorm. You are the first human who actually sees me and understands the powers...." I start sobbing.

She tries to touch my shoulder, but changes her mind and pulls her hand back...and hugs me. I start to feel energy flowing through my veins and I see frost spreading from me. I weakly smile and hug her back.