Chapter 1

Welcome fellow diabolikers to another diabolik lovers fanfiction, so please feel free to vote, comments below (positive). Happy reading - Hailey

2 years ago

I was an ordinary girl with a loving family, a twin sister who was also my first friend and a selfless father, Seji Komori was the head priest of a church. When we were young he told us our mother passed away when we were very young.

There was no picture of her ever existed, so neither me nor my twin sister, Yui Komori had no way of knowing what she looked like. Except from what we were told, she had been a caring person who'd loved us both dearly.

Yui and I were close, two brigs on a twig. There was never a moment we were apart.
We did almost everything together from playing in the garden to helping around  the church, everyday was fulfilling with happiness.

But that all changed one summer day when we were fifteen years old, one simple errand took a dark turn and my life would never be the same again...

My name was Asami Komori

......   ........  .............  .......  ........

2 years later

It was another morning in Tokyo and Asami woke on the floor, with a light grey quilt under her, sunlight peaking through the curtain basking her in its radiance.

Sitting up, she rubbed her tired sherbet pink eyes with the heel of her hands, stiffling a yawn before groggily blinking at the small alarm clock on a wooden desk on the opposite side of the room:  7:00 AM

Crap.

Asami was up and bolting to the tiny bathroom, freshening up in a quick shower and dressed in no time than two minutes, hastily brushing her hair back into a loose side ponytail and with a school briefcase and piece of toast  in hand: she was out the door rushing to the nearest station to catch transport to school.

Not noticing a mailman slip letters into the apartment mail slot she lived in.

(Timeskip)

Outside was noisy with early risers heading to work, school students casualy heading to school with plenty of time to spare, a group of preschoolers waiting to cross a road, and Asami had her earphones in jogging on the spot.

It was 8:30 AM . And if she didnt get to school within the next fifteen minutes she was going to be late.

Walking icon flashed, she sped walked across carefully weaving between crowds of people, apologising once or twice but luckily no people complained used to soon to be late students in a hurry at this time of morning.

Asami made it to school, trading her outside school shoes or indoor ones before heading to class. Waving, smiling and greeting students on the way, she arrived just before the bell at her homeroom and sat down.

Tucking her earphones away.

(Flackback)

Due to our fathers work as a priest, he'd recently got an opportunity to work abroad in another country overseas, and upon accepting it, the arrangements were made; the church would go to his sucessor who would take over.
When Father Komori broke the news to us, Yui  hadn't exactly been happy about this , this was the place we'd been raised, filled with memories.

This was the first time I'd seen both my sister and father argue about anything.
He had to move but me and Yui wouldn't be going with him. Nor could we stay at the church, it would only cause an inconvinience for the sucessor.

Father and I made eye contact with one another silently without words, enough to know better than to ask.
Father told Yui hed made arrangements for her to stay with distant relatives, Yui asked if I was coming  but I could only stay silent.

He'd made arrangements for me to move to Tokyo, which was halfway across the country.
Yui wasn't happy about this either, pleaded father not to separate us but there was little use in convincing father once his mind was set.  We have to respect father has his reasons, and we must go with it.
Secretely I slipped a piece of paper with my new address to Yui in her brown travel case in a hidden zip before she came out with Father.

he'd already given his number to us in case of emergencies; the small limousines were waiting  by the kerb with the drivers collecting our small luggage and stored them away in the trunk.

Having wished father a safe trip, Yui and I hug one another lightly, and exchange of words that we will see each other again, wishing each other a safe trip but it was over too quickly. We departed in different vehicles, and as the door shut my last view of the church with father standing out the front.

Only I had known the real reason why father was moving overseas, but I couldn't tell my twin.

....

The lesson went by quickly followed by another Math lesson before lunch break, classmates inviting Asami to join them, she smiles with positive energy and accept, sitting in the cafeteria following along with their conversation.

When it came to idols I did best to tune out.

( fast forward)

After school she helps assist classmates with cleaning their classroom, from the windows to desks, chatting about studies, and take out the trash before heading to catch the train back.

     ....
Since arriving in the city of Tokyo, I had moved to a small apartment with one bathroom, one bedroom and a kitchenette  with a living room and dining mixed into one. Living by myself for the first time away from the church, family and the quiet of the countryside.

The elderly landlady was nice enough to go put of her way to help me settle in, explaining the rules and if I needed anything don't hesitate to ask.
It was a nice apartment block which was conveniently located near grocery store. Sometimes shed asked me to buy groceries which I didn't mind, as long as I didn't run errands at night.

.......    ..........   ......  .....  ......

Unlocking the front door, Asami kicked off her shoes setting them them aside. "I'm home, please excuse my intrusion."

She picked up the letters heading to the kitchenette flipping through them.

Hmm, the bill for water is due in a week, i'll drop by and pay it tomorrow afternoon, another monthly notice for rent, electricity is low as usual but I should pay that as well and.....

One envelope slipped down dropping at Asami's feet, she bent down to pick it up and saw her name written on the front.

Asami Komori

Strange, this handwriting looks familiar. She flipped it over to the back, lifting an eyebrow.

No return address?

She picks up a knife carefully slicing the back open revealing a letter inside.
Setting the knife aside, she sits down reading the parchment.

This is Yui's handwriting... no doubt about it.
After all this time, Yui finally found my note, that's a relief but to take this long....

She read the rest of the letter on the bottom was her sister's signature.

Komori Yui.

She frowned with a bad taste in her mouth.  Double crap, Ive got plans on the weekend but...

If I ignored the letter...
If what I was reading was true....

Asami sniffed the envelop picking up a floral smell.

Something is most definitely wrong.