Chapter Seven: The Start

Chapter 7

Nica's Pov

***

"I heared you've been friends with Mr. Hailey's daughter as well as the heirs of Padilla Clan." My father stated right after I shut the door close.

I'm on now on his office room. He asked me to go here because he said there's something - he wants to talk about. But it seems it's just like the old days though.

Naglakad ako papalapit sa desk niya. He was standing and gazing right through the open window with his hands on his back.

I sigh. "Dad I'm also friends with Jhennifer Jhen Tomon - if you didn't know. We've been friends since our first school year on highschool."

He didn't said anything. Minutes later - he slowly turn his back on me. Tinitigan niya ako ng mataman.

"That Tomon girl is not from a rich clan." Malamig na bigkas niya.

Napabuntong hininga lang ulit ako. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Is it bad Dad? Is it bad to be friends with a middle class type?" I blurted out.

He took a deep breath then slowly took his step closer.

"I didn't even said either - that you're good with the other two." He mocked. Napakunot lang ako ng noo. Why is he have to be this complicated?

I closed my eyes then took all my courage to stared back at him.

"Then what's the problem Dad? Am I not allowed to be friends with anyone either?" I stared back at him with the same intensity. I don't know where did I get that courage to talk back at him but atleast - i'm very thankfull I finally did.

"No one is good for you Nica." Matipid na sagot niya - making me more confuse than before.

I swallowed hard. "But why dad? Why? I'm not a goddess nor a princess!! So why is that? Why I can't have a friends? I already did everything you told. I avoided getting emotionally attach with everyone. I learned how to hide and to control my emotions! Then now, what do you want Dad? What else do you want!!?" I yelled at him as a tears is started to gathered on my eyes. Why it has to be this way? Bakit lahat na lang hindi pwede? Why?

Daddy walk right infront of me as he grabs both of my shoulder.

"Because you are my DAUGHTER Nica! You are my only DAUGHTER! And I couldn't let anyone hurt you!" He said angrily. I tried to look at him but I failed. Masyado ng mabigat yung nararamdaman ko and I can't even lift my face. Magulo. Napakagulo ng lahat. Everything is a mess and I couldn't understand every bit of it!

He slowly took his hands off my shoulder as I heared his heavy breathings. He walk to his chair and sit on it.

"I'm also a human daddy, a girl and a teenage one. But why it has to be this hard just to be happy? I already can't fell inlove yet I also couldn't have a friends? Just a single one also couldn't. Why it is so unfair dad? Why I felt like I was some kind of a prison and a robot? Is it that bad to have just a single emotions? Am I going to die if I disobey your orders?" Mahabang sabi ko while fidgeting on my hands. I still can't lift my eyes. I couldn't. Because I'm so scared to see my father mad at me. That'll be my biggest nightmare though - if ever.

"You're really grown a lot - daughter." I heared him sigh. Napakagat ako ng labi. I'm not expecting that to be his answer after to all what i've just said.