O n e

m70: This one's on Day 39. Bring her home.

Why can't you?

m70: I'm stuck with an attention seeker.

He stares at the screen, blinded by greed and numb with laughter. His face glows blue in the computer light as he types in a response.

Graph?

Plummeting below sea level.

Just the way I like 'em.

She's all yours ;)

He goes through doornail3's details but doesn't bother to remember her name. It doesn't matter. People only ask for names when they intend to use it. If they're emotional fools like the players he dealt with so often, they might even intend to keep them in mind. 

Remembering only held you back from letting go and asking people to let go was his area of expertise.

Remembering was bad for business.

The front door to his apartment slams shut. He quickly logs out of the encrypted server and puts the system to sleep. 

His mother calls his name. 'Go get your little sister from next door!' she says.

He saunters down the street and into the building beside his; he curses at the snow and kicks at a happy snowman while going through his latest "client's" details in his mind: age, fears, thoughts, dedication. What she thinks she is, and what she is really becoming- according to m70's analysis, doornail3's previous curator.

His sister's friend - only fifteen but curvy in all the right places - greets him at the door with nauseating cheerfulness.

'I'm looking for Anna,' he says.

'Sure,' her friend says, 'You sure you don't want to come in? I can warm you up with some hot chocolate.'

'Thank you. Just fetch Anna and I'll be on my way.'

'Okay.'

On their way back home, he asks Anna what she did at her friend's all day.

'We watched a documentary,' Anna replies, 'I think I understand how the world works now.'

He bites back a laugh. If his twelve-year-old sister really did understand this world, she still didn't. No one ever could. Anyone who claimed to hold this sort of superior knowledge was naive. Or sadly mistaken.

'What was it about?' he asks. His frigid heart cracks with a sliver of warmth that only this little girl could ignite.

'Blue whales,' she mutters, 'They're the largest mammals in the world.'