Chapter Four

Natalia had stayed the night in a hotel, the long ride to New Orleans made her body a bit tired, so she decided she would go back to New York the following day after doing a few things around town. Natalia hadn't managed to sleep, seeing the Mikaelson's had left her wired. She never expected to feel such an ache in her chest once she was in their presence again. Hope had grown so much, she almost regretted not taking Hayley up on her offer to stay with them. To see Hope grow up surely would have been wonderful. But she knew what she did was the right thing, being with them would have only caused her more pain.

    And then there was Elijah, seeing him was painful. The urge to touch him almost took over before he'd spoken, but once he did every ounce of anger took hold of her. She was proud that she had been able to maintain most of her composure. She thought she handled it better then expected.

    In the morning she made her way over to Rousseau's. She didn't need to compel the bartender to let her in early for a drink, she could tell that the bartender had taken pity on Natalia based on her appearance alone. Her usual curled brown hair was up in a messy bun, her brown eyes showed her tiredness and she was still in last night's clothing.

    Natalia sat in her favorite booth, nursing a bottle of tequila. This place brought back a lot of memories, considering this was the bar she worked in while she was human. And this was also where she met Cami. Natalia looked over a the wall that was littered with photographs and spotted the photo that had her, Cami and Davina in it. The three of them had become so close due to their relationships with the Mikaelson brothers and it was because of that they had all felt more like sisters. When Cami died, Natalia could barely hold it together. Times were tough after that and she thought maybe that had been one of Elijah's reasons for not wanting Natalia to leave with him, not wanting her to end up like Cami.

    Natalia took another swig of her tequila when she saw both Hayley and Rebekah walk through the door. The pair spotted her and sat down across from her.

    "I take it you're leaving today," Rebekah stated.

    "Yep."

    Both girls sighed, then Hayley spoke up. "Hope would like to see you again, she misses her aunt Tolly."

    Natalia nodded her head. "I planned on saying goodbye before I left."

    "And not the rest of us?" Rebekah asked, obviously hurt.

    Natalia simply looked at her. "Not really sure I can handle a goodbye." Natalia said, her voice slightly small.

    Rebekah's eyes stared to water.

    "Aw Becks, come on don't cry." Natalia told her.

    Rebekah's tears fell but the look on her face was of surprise. "You just called me Becks."

    Natalia hadn't realized she said it, that was the nickname she had always called her.

    "I guess I did," Natalia said, surprised she let the name slip.

    "Natalia," Hayley interjected. "Come back to the compound with us." Natalia rolled her eyes. "That's where Hope is."

    "Will the rest of them be there?"

    "Most likely," Rebekah said.

    Natalia sighed, "I guess I could just go through the window."

    Hayley and Rebekah smiled.

________________

    True to her word, Natalia jumped and climbed through Hope's window in order to avoid the Mikaelson's. Hope had been excited to see her, Hope caught her up on her life back in Mystic Falls, and Natalia had shared bits of her life with Hope. When Natalia left a few hours later she momentarily forgot that she was supposed to use the window, instead going through the door.