Pain

There was a loud crash.

"You worthless piece of shit! You're just a waste of space!" a man with short black hair and green eyes shouted.

Yugi Mutou was in the floor. He was holding his stomach, obviously in pain.

The man grabbed Yugi by the hair and pulled him roughly to his feet.

"John, please-" Yugi started, tears in his eyes.

"Shut up!" the man, John, screamed. He punched Yugi hard in the stomach before he threw Yugi against the wall.

When Yugi crashed into the wall, he knocked a picture frame down, causing it to break.

"You bastard! You broke that picture frame!" John shouted, charging at Yugi.

Yugi was grabbed and thrown across the room, crashing into the chair.

John glared at Yugi with anger and hatred. "You should be thankful that I'm staying with you! No one wants someone as short and child-looking as you! I get sick of people asking me if I'm babysitting you, you short slut!" John roared.

Yugi knew better than to say anything, but the words hurt.

The beating continued until John got tired of it.

"Clean up this mess!" John shouted before he stormed out of the room and slammed the door of the other room he ran into.

Yugi winced as he stood up and started cleaning everything up, knowing it would be worse if he didn't.

Yugi had been dating John for about three months.

And he was miserable.

Since about three weeks into dating, John had been abusing Yugi.

Yugi would leave him, but he was terrified of what John would do to him if he ever did leave, so he never did.

Every time Yugi went to John's house, he would be beaten like this.

Yugi was tired of this. He just wished he knew what to do.

* * * * *

Yami Akana and Atemu Sennen were in the living room of the Game Shop.

After Yugi had defeated Yami in the Ceremonial Duel, Yami had decided to remain in the present time. As a reward, the gods had allowed Atemu, Yami's husband form five thousand years ago, to return as well.

Bakura and Marik had wanted to stay as well, and the gods revived Akefia, Bakura's husband, and Mariku, Marik's husband.

Seth had also been given another chance at life.

Now, Bakura and Akefia were in a relationship with Ryou, who was in love with both of them.

Mariku and Marik were in the same threesome-type relationship with Malik.

Seto and Joey had been together when Seth was allowed to stay in the present day, but both found themselves falling for him, so Seth had joined their relationship.

Tea and Tristan had started a relationship and then Duke had joined them in that relationship.

Everyone seemed happy.

But none of them knew what was happening to Yugi.

"So, when do you think Yugi's going to get home?" Atemu asked.

"Who knows? You know that he stays at John's a while.' Yami said, a little bitterly.

Yami and Atemu were both in love with Yugi, so they were rather upset that Yugi was dating someone else, but they were trying to live with it.