Chapter 3 - Discussions

Peter was surprised to see his parents side by side on the dining table.

His father usually wasn't in he castle at this time, so Peter knew this had to be important.

Sitting down, Peter put his hands together and waited for his parents to speak. King Rolfe cleared his throat, and Peter tensed. Peter wondered what his father was going to say.

King Rolfe took a small sip of coffee and met Peter's eyes. Once he made eye contact, he said, "Today we will start training." King Rolfe did not say it with enthusiasm, but with nervousness and worry. Peter knew there were many kinds of training, and just in case, he asked specifically.

"What kind of training?" Peter asked, and waited for the reply. Then King Rolfe began to explain more. "Peter, my son, have you liked the bow I gave you when you were younger?"

Peter nodded. "We'll", King Rolfe continued,"Me and your mother think you need to learn self defense, a few combat and bow moves. I myself will teach you." "And," Queen Brianna added," We think you will need to use these skills in the future."

The conversation was finished, and Peter knew it by the way his parents had relaxed and started eating their breakfast. Reluctantly, Peter ate his breakfast as well, but was not hungry.

Observant he was, he wondered why his mother said he would need to use these skills in the future, and why he was being taught then. Couldn't he be taught earlier? Nevertheless, Peter was glad he could have some fun with swords and bows, and put his thought to a rest.

As King Rolfe left the dining table with Queen Brianna, he looked back. "Meet you in 2 hours, son, 2 hours. And a few minutes later, everything was normal again. It was Peter, alone.