Chapter 7 - Survival

Peter Rolfe survived.

How he did, he even did not know.

However, it was meant to be, and Peter would not complain.

The minecart had also stopped, and Peter had woken up.

Peter rubbed his eyes, and sat up. He yawned.

He squinted into the sunlight. The sun was rising, and it was a glorious sight.

Peter smiled. He stood up, glancing at the sun. He was in the middle of the forest, and the sun disappeared again behind a large tree. Peter then remembered.

He remembered what had happened last night. This time it was not a nightmare. It was reality. He came to his senses, as fear started to spread inside of him. He fell back into the minecart.

Inside was a shining bow, ablaze with light. Peter jumped out of the minecart. The bow was magical, or had some enchantment on it!

Peter grabbed it and shoved it into his leather pants.

He pushed the minecart, but it wouldn't budge. There were still a lot of tracks, Peter could see, ahead of him.

Peter took a deep breath.

He started to walk alongside the track, with the large bow stuffed in his pocket. Obviously, the bow didn't fit, so almost all of it poked out.

Peter kept walking, as leaves rustled, and birds chirped. The bow began to weigh him down. He then slung it over his back, out of breath.

He sat down on a rock, panting. How long have I walked? He thought. The minecart was not in sight anymore, and he was still in the forest. The tracks seemed to be endless. Then Peter noticed so etching peculiar.

A tree had an arrow stuck on its branch. Was it a branch? Peter did not know. He brushed off some leaves blocking the way.

Now Peter was small and short, and only one block high, so he did not notice what it was. He backed off, and was just about to continue walking when he tripped over a fallen twig, and instinctively, Peter jumped.

He manged to keep his balance, but while doing so, he kicked the branch with an arrow and it fell the ground.

It was actually a sign. It said: Village - 50 blocks away. The arrow was pointing to the direction! Peter immediately understood. He grabbed the arrow to remember where to go, and walked on.

He needed to find shelter quickly, because it was almost sunset.

At a jogging pace, Peter went to the direction of the village. He slowed into a clearing. Where the village should probably have been was empty. Peter looked on with confusion.

He turned around, and everything blacked out.