Chapter 18: Epilogue.

It wasn't the glare of the sun reflecting off the snow that overwhelmed them the most nor was it the sound of the birds in the trees. It was the smell of fresh air, cold and crisp with the scent of pine filling their senses.
As they stood out in the open, absorbing the world around them them, determination filled their mindset. They were free at last, free to walk the lands of their ancestors, free to be a part of the world once again.
From the foreboding, heavy steel doors of the facility known as Mount Weather, their leader stepped forward. He scanned the horizon with wonder, confidently veiwing the land he intended to call home.
Cage Wallace was a man of his people, a man who would stop at nothing to seek freedom for those who dwelled inside The Mountain. It had cost him a part of his soul, the deeds he had done to reach this momentous day. Yet, he would bear these nightmares for his people.
As he stood smiling in contentment at the world around him, his Lieutenant, Carl Emerson stepped forward, "The soliders are ready, sir."
"And the Reapers?" Cage inquired as Emerson drew his attention to his soliders holding these feral men with chains around their necks like attack dogs.
"They're ready to tear the Grounders apart, just say the word," Emerson said with a grin.
Cage looked around at his army of men, all ready to take the lands that they now stood upon. He signed, knowing his next words would changed everything for The Mountain and Grounders alike.
"Then it's time to take our rightful place in this world. The savages will fall, This new Commander will fall. Wipe them out... Wipe them all out!" Cage ordered.
Into the distance they marched, towards the ruined city with a great tower. The Mountain had awoken and it had no intention of making peace with the Grounders. The Shadow Bloods were free and with them terror now walked upon these lands.

 The Shadow Bloods were free and with them terror now walked upon these lands