CHAPTER SEVEN

( CHAPTER SEVEN: LETTERS TO THE UNKNOWN )

18TH DECEMBER 1977

TO REMUS
FROM MARIELLA

DEAR REMUS,

It feels like only years ago when we first started talking to each other through the forms of letters. Oh how I remember the days when your mother would scold you for using up so much paper just to talk to me. Despite that, your mother has always been such an amazing woman in terms of always caring for you and me whenever I would come over to escape the nonsense my parents have stirred up this time. Speaking of which, I was hoping that I could spend the night or two with you and your family until after Charlotte's funeral.

It has come to my attention that the people who I have been used to calling my parents have seemed to abuse that role and keep redundant secrets away from me and prefer not to speak of them at all, up until they find it fitting to speak of it.

I'm sorry for this being so short notice. It's okay if you wish to write to me saying you are unable to.

SINCERELY,
MARIELLA

19TH DECEMBER 1977

TO MARIELLA
FROM REMUS J.

DEAR MARIELLA,

Sorry for such a long wait. Percy decided to mess up the ink on the paper before I could properly seal it so here I am writing it over again.

I already told my parents that you were coming to the funeral and they were rather excited with the idea of seeing you again. They also said that you were free to stay for as long as you wanted to when I explained the situation to them. At least, the situation that you have yet to tell me about. I mean it's fine if you don't want to but I just want to make sure that you don't feel neglected.

I hope you are well and don't forget to write again!

SINCERELY,
REMUS

19TH DECEMBER 1977

TO MARIELLA
FROM MIAOMORYI

DEAR MARIELLA,

I hope everything is doing fine because I know deep down inside of me that you're probably hurting inside and you're currently watching the snow fall whilst you read and reply to the letters you keep receiving. Regardless, I felt obliged to write to you because you are the closest thing that I can call a friend that will not blab everything I say to one of your other mates.

So as you may be aware, I was in a deeply emerging conversation with a boy I had met during the party and it seems that he was interested in getting into something that consisted of more and I'm unsure as to whether I should reply to him. Relationships tend to stress me out and I would really prefer not to screw anything up considering that I really like the boy.