CHAPTER TWELVE

( CHAPTER ELEVEN: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM )

"Oh how convenient that the pair of us have been placed into Slytherin! It's like the school wants us to become friends." Her voice seethed out each syllable with a wicked hiss, which had only seemed to add to the peculiar sickness she was feeling when her presence seemed near. Despite the fact that she would more than likely have to share a dorm with the brunette, she had been somewhat glad for the presence of Blake Flynn, another secret from the past she was trying so hard to escape from.

The anger was still there. Floating with the other mix of emotions she felt for the boy. And for the usual part, she couldn't find the heart to somewhat agree to the fact that she was to apologise for a bad deed she had committed. They had both been in the wrong. And she should have remained with him to put him into the right.

But she had been scared. Because her conscious was never prepared to feel these emotions for someone else. She had not planned so far ahead that she would sacrifice everything to ensure that he would be put in the right. Because it wasn't her.

"I don't see why it should hold any importance to you Melanie. You are only staying here for a few months before you disappear," Mariella replies bluntly, holding her usual set of books she had checked out for light reading tightly to her chest. The abundance of her own curls getting caught along the spine and thinly made pages almost made it impossible to simply smile at a passing student.

Melanie frowns sadistically. "You forget Mariella. I'm only staying here for a few months before we disappear. I had presumed that your natural intelligence would have thought thay far ahead." She only rolls her eyes at that comment, hoping to allow her words to fade away. "I understand why this boy seems so infatuated with the idea of being with you. Truly sickening."

She tenses at these words but doesn't feel the need to express this. For she already knows that Melanie could already see her anger brewing up inside her mind. It was in that moment that Blake had decided to speak up, only throwing daggers at the taller girl. "I see no point in aggravating her. It just gives her a more valid reason to simply hurt you whilst you sleep. Afterall, you did say that she was the asset that we needed to the group."

Eventually Melanie subsided with this and rolls her eyes. She was amused. "Why do you have to defend her Blake? I highly doubt that you wouldn't want to see her close to that Black boy even if you are just trying to keep her sane. We both know that you've still got feelings for her."

"And here you only had five minutes to be so annoying," Mariella murmurs before pushing past her to get into the Slytherin common rooms. Dusk had passed them only a few hours ago and she was hoping that sleep would eventually allow her nerves to ease. "Your purpose to ensure that I don't tell anyone about this plan you've got also doesn't happen to include your torments and insults does it? Because if you truly knew anything about me, then you would know that my own threats would tend to scare a few people from getting anywhere close to my vicinity."