|33| •The Bond of Accidents•

Sana's jaw dropped, hard, as she saw the scoreboard display their group's name as the winners. Great, now she had to deal with the mockery of Aarav for the rest of the day. She sighed before slyly leaving the area to hide in the washroom, she clearly didn't want to be acknowledged as a winner. She rushed her way to the ladies washroom, breathing in relief as she inspected the empty surroundings.

She quickly noted to send an email to her PA asking her to schedule all her meetings tomorrow and find all the information about Ross. Inc. She needed information that told her that Aarav wasn't here for her or their complicated relationship would be in a bigger mess. She didn't need that in her life. She was done with the swirling mess Aarav bought in her life with his emotions. Love was supposed to be a feeling of pure ecstasy, trust and happiness. How ironic that the exact same emotion caused her all the trouble.

She let out another sigh before reaching for the handle when she realized that the door was shut,"Oh shit."

Upon instinct, she reached for the door and banged her fists in panic. A streak of fear passed through her as she continued to bang her fists. Her voice was not that loud for the people all the way in the stadium to hear her yell for help so banging was her best bet. Her heart rate slowed down as she heard footsteps proceeding towards the washroom. She mentally screamed in happiness as she heard a bolt being unlocked and the door widening for her most hated person to gaze at her with amusement.

She scowled at him before crossing her arms over her chest as he snickered, "You might want to hire a bodyguard."

"I am fine by myself," she snapped hotly, passing through him before she got lost in his icy blue eyes.

"Didn't look so well to me a few minutes ago," she heard him murmur in suspicion.

"I have trust issues after a certain stranger decided to mess with my life," she warningly spat out. 

"You knew that falling in love was never the option,"he drawled out softly behind her causing her to halt in her steps.

She did but love didn't ask her the permission before injecting into her. She knew falling in love was not an option but after living with him for over nine months, she began to truly wonder whether it was possible to not fall in love with him. She didn't have a luxury of choice when it came to love.

Sana's breath hitched in her throat as the feelings of rejection flooded her veins and she whispered back ,dejected, "And yet I did because for some reason my gut told me that it was the right thing to do."

"My gut told me to leave the company business the minute I read the stupid contract but I didn't and today I am one of the most successful business man in the world," he scoffed from behind, gloating with pride while Sana stood stunned at his confession.

He should have left.

He should have.

"Gut feelings are never wrong. You should have left, it would have been easier for both of us,"she croaked, the words almost choking her throat. A thick silence of discomfort and realization brewed between them, both lost in the land of the alternate realities that could have taken place if Aarav would have left before the contract ever took place.

"I wish you did Aarav, I really wish you did," she honestly mumbled at last, pouring all her desperation in that sentence before walking into the stadium.

Sana couldn't help but wonder if she was imagining it or did Aarav actually say, "I know."

Her head spinned, processing all the information and trying to keep her emotions in check. She needed to calm down and she needed to get out of here. Out of where Aarav was. He ignited a sensation of yearning every time she glanced at him and she was tired battling the internal storm.