Chapter 2: Admission

Tonight was the night. May 30th. The school dance. If I could express the feeling that I had rushing through my veins in one word I guess I would pick edgy. There is no telling what will happen tonight. Not at the dance, not at the asylum... Oh crap! The Asylum!

I completely forgot! How could I let the one event that is going to make Lindsey fall for me and not that asshole Scott slip my mind? Its not that I like stealing girls from other guys but it wouldn't be fair if I let an innocent girl like Lindsey be transformed by that douche.

I look at myself in the mirror.

I stared at the time. "5:57". I looked at my striped shirt with the pocket in the front, wondering if it was the right decision to wear it. Funny to think that all of us are going to meet at a crazy hospital in formal clothing.

All the girls wearing their dresses and then complaining that they are getting it dirty. "It's gonna be a funny night." I thought to myself.

I tried my best to adjust my tie to make sure it comes out nice and straight but I was never good with ties. That's when my mom, Heather, came and wrapped her arms above my shoulders and in front of the mirror, to to try to help me out.

"Oh gosh, I was never good with ties." She said letting out a big sigh. "Not with you and not with your father when he was still um... You know."

My father has been dead for 3 years. Even the thought of his face brings my mother to tears. I turn around, not giving two craps about the tie and give her a hug as she buries her face in my shoulder.

"You know, you should be proud. A single mom raising a messed up kid like me for 3 years is an impressive thing." I replied back to her with a small chuckle. She says nothing, and kisses me on the forehead with her blank face. "Have fun tonight, and please Alex, don't get into any trouble." She reminds me.

As I finally tie my wretched knot, I hear a loud *BEEP* coming from outside my window. It was everybody from homeroom in Morgan's car, with the exception of Gracie. Did she chicken out? Was she really not coming? Thank God.

After giving my mom another kiss goodbye and stuffing my phone in my suit pocket, I enter the car to see everybody dressed up in suits and dresses.

Jacob and Scott were practically wearing the same thing; An undershirt with a black suit over themselves with a blue bow tie. Morgan was wearing a tight red dress with a bow in her hair.

As usual, Lindsey looked beautiful. She was wearing that stunning blue dress of hers with diamonds across the top. I just wanted to say something. A compliment. Anything! But she was already wrapped in Scott's arms. I resisted letting out a big 'grrr' like a dog protecting his territory, but everyone would just stare at me. "Ready to go everybody?" Morgan asks as she takes the gear off of 'Parked'. "Wait, isn't Gracie co-", I try to say, but Xavier quickly slaps me on the back to remind me that she'll just be a pain. I nod in agreement and we were off.

Tasha reaches for my collar and straightens my tie. "Boy, you need to learn!" She chuckles while giving me a small hit on the head. We both laugh and await for this ride to come to a stop.

...

Arriving at the mental asylum, I wondered why it was so far deep into the city. There was literally nothing around it. Not even a dumpster. Tasha noticed there was no name of the building, not a sign or anything. "So does this place have a name or..." She commented.

Tony, adjusting his glasses, was the first one out of the car to explain the story to the rest of us.

"Well since you guys are obviously not informed enough to enter. I'll just tell you what really went down." He announced. "So, the story has it that this place was completely illegal. The owners would mistreat the inmates. They would get raped, tortured and even murdered. After 2 years of this hell, the police or swat team or whatever showed up and shot all the owners except one. Douglas Ford."