Chapter 4: Tick Tock.

I rose from the kneeling position I was in, my legs still wobbling from the sight of what was in the cell. Lindsey placed her hand on my shoulder. “What are we going to do?” She asks, tears running down her face while she looks at the writing on the wall

Tony’s severed hand was placed next to the writing, his class ring set in the center.

It reads, “WILL U MARRY ME?” All written in blood. And a white wedding veil right under it.

“She’s with us. She’s in the asylum with us…” Sterling commented, hands rushing through her hair. “No Shit.” A very scared Morgan replied. “Do we keep on walking? Do we go back outside!? We can’t do shit now that we know that the crazy wedding bitch is here!” She continued.

“We have to keep going. We can’t just go back outside, there isn’t any point.”

Xavier admitted.

As I listen to all the different arguments and conversations, I hear a small jingle from my cell-phone. Everybody stopped and stared at my front pocket. It was my Mom, Heather. “PICK IT UP!” Tasha yells at me. 

I pick up the phone, to answer my mom, tears running down my face. I was so relieved to hear her voice. Lindsey was breathing behind my shoulder wanting to talk to her second mom.

“Alex? ALEX! You idiot! Where have you been? I have been trying to call you all fricken night and it is now 11:00!” She ranted.

11:00? That’s impossible, we have only been here for about an hour.

“MOM! You have to call the police! We went to that abandoned asylum on Bird Road. CALL 911 and come and get us please! Tony is dead! We think there is somebody else in here with us!” I was basically panicked throughout the whole phone call; I was a little surprised that she understood everything I said. I could also hear a drop of the phone, and rummaging of clothes in the back, knowing that she was going to get help right away.

Please mom, come and get us

=HEATHER’S POV=

 As soon as I heard that they went to that old mental hospital, I knew that they were in for huge trouble. I was always skeptical of what was in that shit-hole and now that his friend, Tony, died, I was right.

Tears rushing down my face, I dialed the home phone ‘9-1-1’.

“I NEED OFFICERS DOWN AT THE BROOKHALL MENTAL INSTITUTION! NOW!”

I didn’t even care for a response. If they were responsible enough, they would come.

After I put on my sneakers, I quickly ran down the stairs, into my car and straight towards the asylum. I didn’t know what to think. No stop signs. No red lights. I have to keep on driving.

A few minutes later, I parked at the front of the gate. How as I going to get in? I tried dialing Alex again, but his battery must’ve died because it went straight to voicemail.

Suddenly, a red and blue alternating light was right behind me and I saw two officers come out of the vehicle.

“What seems to be the problem here Ma’am? Is this some prank?”

He barked, staring at my pajamas while the other one snickered.

“This is NO JOKE! My son and his friends are in there and you have to help them get out! One of them is DEAD!”

The joking expressions on their face quickly changed when they heard the word ‘dead’. They looked at the gate, and then at each other. The African-American officer pushed the gate open, and strolled on in.