Chapter Eight: Unhearted

How's it goin'?! :D Excited that I uploaded this story? No? Well, I am!!!!!!

Photograph each day

So we can live forever

I sit in the light to make the dark a little darker

& I dance to move only you

& I fight to kiss & make up...

 -Andy's POV-

    The rain drummed on the awning like a thousand marching soldiers. I carefully lit my cigarette, shielding the flame from the harsh rain. I sucked in the velvet smoke anxiously & released a cloud of tension. God, that feels good. I blew out several more times of sickly smelling puffs of smoke before flicking the cigarette butt into the piss-pouring rain. I let my head hang low, allowing the rain to soak my hair & face. Its coolness felt amazing against my hot skin. I can't take this, I need to get out. Pulling my hood over my head, I stepped out into the rain. Where was I going? I didn't have a fucking clue.

------

    I stood before the old, all too familiar apartment building. Standing five stories tall, it looked as if it was larger.  After years & years of rain,snow, & hail, the crimson paint was slowly washing away, revealing dull, white brick underneath. I looked up at the fourth floor, rain pelting my face like tiny bullets. On the fourth floor, far end window on the left, was Ruthy's.  I stepped inside, quickly greeted by warm air & strange stares. I kept my head low & ventured up the spiraling staircase. It seemed as if the journey was endless until, within a few minutes, I was at Ruthy's door.

    I exhaled deeply & knocked gently on the painted black, wood. A few moments later, the door opened & I quickly rose my head, forgetting how scary I must've looked. Ruthy took a step back & stared at me with wide blue orbs

"A-Andy? W-W-What are you doing here?" She stammered, eyeing me up & down. I chuckled nervously & scratched the back of my head before answering.

"I-I came to see you. I miss you.....a lot." I could easily see the tears welling up in her gorgeous eyes. She didn't answer right away....not that I expected her to.

    "Andy," she finally spoke, "we're through....Can't you see that? There was never meant to be an Us. I'm sorry but you should leave." She was beginning to close the door. No Andy, don't let her get away from you again!

    "Wait," My boot caught the wood just before I was locked out of her heart forever. She looked up at me with those eyes pouring with tears of all her emotions she kept bottled up. I couldn't control myself. I didn't want to control myself. My lips pressed to hers & my arms snaked around her thin frame, pulling her closer to my chest.

    She was resistant at first, but she slowly returned the kiss. I missed this, I needed this. She was like a highly addictive drug & I was forever hooked. Then...she pulled away. The warmth from her red lips vanished from mine within seconds. Without a goodbye or even a final glance, she closed the door & locked it.

-Ruthy's POV-

 I watched Andy look down in rejection & walk away through the peep hole of my door. The tears betrayed me & rolled down my burning cheeks like two rushing rivers. I cried non-stop for hours & hours. My heart tore a little more every second until it was nothing but meaningless shreds of my remaining love for Andy. I told myself to stay strong but the nagging voice in the back of my mind found its way to surface & screamed sadness. Right then, I knew what I had to do.