Chapter 1

Finals were almost here, meaning there was less than a week left until Aiden becomes a senior. He had hoped everything would go smoothly since it was already hectic with the studies and off season training for football, but luck wasn't on his side when he happened to stumble upon a heartbreaking picture the other night.

Aiden made his way through students that blocked his path to a familiar table full with girls. Upon arriving, he came up next to his girlfriend, "Em, we need to talk."

The entire table of her friends suddenly stopped talking only for some to widen their eyes and some to give the couple suspicious looks. The words 'we need to talk' were never good in a relationship. They all knew that 'shit was about to go down.' Emma reluctantly got up from her seat and followed Aiden to a quiet corner near the stairways.

"What the fuck is this?" He held up his phone towards the lacrosse player. Displayed on his screen, was a picture of some soccer player and Emma groping and kissing each other. There was no sign of hesitation on her side, she was clearly enjoying it as much as he was.

"Aiden, I can explain."

Shoving his phone back into his pocket, he crossed his arms in front of him wondering what kind of excuse his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend could give. "Explain."

Emma sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "Look, Aiden. I don't think it's working out between us."

"Yeah, I know. You cheated on me." He stated, unamused.

"No, because I don't think you really like me. Nor do I think you really want me."

Aiden looked at her strangely, completely confused as to what she was saying. When he realized his girlfriend seemed to be blaming him for her mistake, he scowled. "Says the girl who was all over that soccer player the other night. Em, I've been loyal to you this whole entire time and you know it."

Emma seemed to ignore his statement and carried on with her explanation. "Aiden, you never get jealous whenever I talk to guys. You only show affection when we're alone."

He did get jealous whenever she flirted with his friends or other guys, but he never showed it since he knew she was just being immature to get his attention. And although he never kissed her in public, he did hold hands and hug her out in the open. Aiden wasn't into public displays of affection. He didn't think people around them would appreciate it. Plus, he liked to keep intimate moments private. "Just because I don't show it, doesn't mean I don't feel it."

"You're not giving me what I want." Emma sighed once again, frustrated with their talk. Frustrated with their relationship.

Aiden looked at her like she was insane. Now it was his turn to run his hand through his hair. "I take you out on dates. I give you gifts. I spend as much time as I can with you. I give you space when you need it. I treat you with respect. I listen to you. I give you hugs and kisses. I even cuddle you! What more do you want?" The more he thought about it, the more confused he got. He had given her everything he could. What more could he give?