Chapter 6

[Previously: Kayla leaves her friend and sits outside the theater room on a nearby bench. Someone calls her name and it's the one and only Aiden McLaren!]

"Um..." Kayla stood up got from the bench, holding her jacket in her hands. "Hi. What are you doing here?" Kayla immediately caught her stupid question, "I mean you're obviously here to watch a movie." Realizing she was rambling, she tried to stop and ended up laughing nervously, "I mean... hi."

Aiden resisted a laugh, holding it in with a grin, "Hi."

"Hi." Kayla accidentally repeated again, smiling awkwardly.

"Are you here to watch a movie too or did you just finish?" He asked, fiddling with the bar of chocolate he just purchased.

"Well, I was gonna watch a movie with my friend, but she suddenly brought along some dudes I didn't know and," She shrugged, "I just left."

"Oh." He looked at her with what looked like pity, "I'm sorry."

She shook her head with a smile on her face, confused with why he apologized, "It's not your fault, don't worry about it."

There was a moment of silence where they just stared at each other. Simply staring at each other. Suddenly, just as Kayla was about to think of something to say to take her leave, Aiden spoke up.

"So, what are you up to now?"

"I don't know honestly. I saved today for my friend." She shrugged once again, "Didn't think she'd bring along some strangers."

"So that means you're free the whole day." He said, more to himself than to her.

Kayla nodded, "Yeah, I guess so."

There was a pause for the information to sink in and for a wonderful idea to form. "Do you wanna watch a movie with me?" He asked with a hopeful smile.

Kayla's eyes almost popped out from his question. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Do you wanna watch a movie with me?" He asked once again, with more confidence this time and wearing an amused grin.

"Me?" She asked, pointing to herself.

Aiden nodded, "Yes, you. Who else am I asking?" He looked around the empty hallway.

To say she was speechless was an understatement. Kayla was absolutely lost at the moment. "Are you sure?"

Aiden chuckled, "Yes, I'm sure. If I wasn't, I won't be asking, you know." He continued, "My aunt and uncle were going to watch Master of Assassination today but something came up and here I am with two tickets."

"Oh, I see. You're not here with someone? A friend?"