Chapter 4

[Previously: Aiden overhears Kayla's kind and brave gesture and thanks her. Kevin has officially announced war against her.]

"I'll see you around?"

"Yeah."

"I'll see you around!!??"

"Yeah!"

"I'll see you around!!!???"

"YES! He said exactly that! I told you like five times already!" Kayla laughed at how her sister was getting excited over this.

"And you had history with him?" Josslyn Summers said, leaning in and sending multiple weird winks.

Kayla gave her older sister a look, "Yes, and oh my god Joss, you did not just do that."

Josslyn laughed, "What? Someone had to do it. It would've been more interesting if you had chemistry with him too."

The older girl laughed out loud, filling the house with her wicked laugh. When she finally came to peace with herself, she continued with their conversation, but not without wriggling her eyebrows. "So... he'll see you around."

"Yeah."

"So he wants to see you around!"

"Um Joss, stop overanalyzing things. That's what people say to say bye in a nice way. Not to mention, we don't even know each other. That was like our first real conversation. I didn't even know he knew my name!"

"He's in your class, how does he not know your name?"

"I've been in Kevin's class for three years, he doesn't know my name." Kayla stated.

"That's 'cause that Kevin guy is a douchebag. I'm surprised someone finally put him in his place."

Kayla sighed, "Yeah well he hates me now."

"So? That happened weeks ago! I'm sure he'll forget by the time school starts again."

"Right. It's not like I hurt his ego or something. He's totally going to be the bigger person and just forget and forgive everything." Kayla rolled her eyes.

"There! Problem solved!" Josslyn exclaimed, ignoring her sister's sarcasm. She took a quick glance at her phone, "Look, I gotta bounce. I'm meeting with a friend for lunch."

"Cool." Kayla followed her sister who grabbed her bag and jacket before walking to the front door to put some shoes on. Now with shoes, Josslyn opened the door and headed out.

"Have fun!" Kayla waved as her older sister walked to her car.