Chapter 5

[Previously: Kayla helps Aiden's mom with her bags and Aiden finally lets his mom know that he broke up with Emma.]

Summer passed by like a shooting star, but nothing exciting really happened aside from a few hang outs, a short road trip, and tennis training for Kayla. It's the last week before the start of senior year and she was going to do one last hangout before enjoying the last few days at home.

Tracy, a friend she's known forever, decided to call her up and watch a movie. They've known each other since kindergarten, but they didn't become friends until the fifth grade. Tracy considered Kalya as her "best friend" even when Kayla didn't exactly reciprocate the feeling.

The thing was Tracy is a social butterfly who's athletic, outgoing, and hyper. The girl has so many friends, she's always bouncing around from group to group so Kayla doesn't see her often unless Tracy feels like hanging with her. Kayla always felt like she was the go-to friend when theres no one else to hang with.

It became worse when they got into high school. Both attending to the East Bridge High School, Kayla thought this was the opportunity where she could bond more with Tracy but that wasn't the case. Apparently, Tracy knew a ton of other people from other middle schools who also went to East Bridge. Hence, Tracy hung out with her less and less, while Kayla observed her "best friend" from afar.

Arriving at the theaters, Kayla went in and looked around. Seeing no sign of her friend, she pulled out her phone and texted her.

K: Hey, r u almost here?

T: Heyyy, yeah I'm on my way right now. I'll be a little late! Sorry!!

Kayla sighed, regretting that she came here a little early. She decided to buy her ticket first along with some popcorn, and just wait out in front of the theater room for now. But when it passed the time they planned on meeting up, she decided to just go in and sit in the room instead. Tracy's never on time. What did she expect?

K: It's ok. Hopefully u get here before the previews finish

K: I'm in the front row of the top section, the middle area

T: Gotcha! And don't worry! I'm almost there! Probably in 3 min

T: Oh btw I brought some friends. I hope its ok with u

T: They wanted to tag along.

Kayla did a double take and reread Tracy's last two messages in fury. This was supposed to be a one on one friend hangout. Not a group hangout. A surge of anger flowed through her veins yet she was calm as ever. How am I not surprised?

K: oh... how many? do i kno them?

T: 2 and no

T: Almost there!!!

Kayla took some popcorn and stuffed them in her mouth, chewing furiously. Seriously?! It was too late now, they were almost here. It would be rude of her if she said that they couldn't come, but it was rude of her friend to invite strangers without warning ahead of time.