Chapter Two

Amber abruptly drops her bags on the hard wood floor. It wasn't exactly a color scheme or design she would have picked out herself but that was Magnus for you. The room was a combination of dark purple, black, white, and pops of sliver. The walls where graced in champagne bubble designs here and there. It looked exactly what one might think a room in Magnus's apartment to look like.
"Alexander will be home any minute." Magnus smiles appearing in her door way.
"That's great." Amber says sarcastically as she adjusts the pillow underneath her head. All she wanted to do was sleep. Something she knew she wouldn't be able to do if she was staying at the instuite.
"Ill let him know that your here." He walks off clearly annoyed by Ambers bluntness. If it wasn't for the fact that it was night back in Idris perhaps by some freak chance Amber might have in a better more welcoming mood. She flops down on the bed closing her eyes, she melts into the coolness of the cold linen sheets and falls asleep.
Meanwhile:
Hope digs her old converse into bus stops old dirt pavement. She didn't know exactly where she was going but she figured she'd get on whatever bus that rolled in first that would also be rolling out of town. Any where was better then here. A place where she's forever be an outcast, the weird girl, living the same day in and out, worrying, hoping that one day she might make it out.
The old red dirty starts to shake under Hope's feet as a giant black bus rolls into the parking lot. It's distention sign lighting up the night sky like, like an angel was ascending down from heaven. "New York, New York" Hope reads it out load. Her legs moving herself up before she could even think another moment. She pulls out the last of her money as the bus comes to a complete stop at her feet. As the busses thick black door slides open and the bus driver looks down at the little girl it suddenly feels more like a space ship to a galaxy far away rather then a bus ride to the big Apple. She promptly gets on with out hesitation handing the driver her money and taking a deep breathe as she sits down in the only row of empty seats stretching out her legs across them. "Freedom here I come." She whispers looking out the window as the bus pulls away once again and off into the night.