Chapter 8

It was Jayden walking down the hall holding a dozen roses. I kept thinking to myself, those flowers were not for me. I thought that those flowers were definitely for Becky. Becky is the meanest popular girl at this school. I was surprised when Jayden walked right pass her. Then Katniss decided to try to walk with him. Jayden just stopped and told her to go away. Katniss had the most horrified and shocked look on her face. I was trying so hard not to laugh. Mary and Abby knew who those roses were for. I kept asking them who they were for but they refused to tell me.

"Here Hanna. I got these for you." said Jayden handing me the dozen roses.

"Thanks Jayden."

"No problem. Anything for a beautiful girl. So, what do you say. Will you be my girlfriend?" Jayden asked so politely.

I stood there not knowing what to say. So I did what I always wanted to say.

"Jayden, how do I know if this is not a joke. Were you dared to do this?" I said a little rudely.

"Hanna this is not a joke or a dare."

"Yeah right."

That was the last thing I said before I walked away.

"Hanna! Wait!" Jayden said very sadly

"This is not a prank, joke, or dare! How can I prove it to you that I really do like you?" said Jayden sounding more desperate

"Tell me that everything you said on the note was true."

"It was true!" Jayden said while smiling and laughing at me as if I was an idiot.