15

[Flashback]

"Hiya!" I heard my Mom screaming my name at the top of her voice.

I hurriedly got up from my bed and ended up knocking my little toe on the corner table. Pain shot up and fresh tears welled my eyes.

"Hiya!" She yelled again. I rolled my eyes and giving my toe a gentle massage I made my way out of my bedroom to the living room staggering at each step.

Upon reaching the room, I stood there with a poker face seeing everything fine. But her face looked brighter than usual looking at her face. I raised an eyebrow.

Her gaze caught mine and a huge grin spread across her face.

"Hiya!" her voice was filled with immense joy. She came forward and hugged me, "You got selected at SNU"

My eyed widened. What????

"Oh my God I'm so happy sweetheart" my mom said still hugging me not willing to let go. From her voice it was clear she was crying. It was her wish and not to forget my dream to go there.

"Is this for real?" I said still not being able to believe her words.

Its probably a dream.

I raised my hand and pinched my cheek because I trusted myself more.

"Ouch!" I cried.

It's not a dream! I'm finally going to Korea!

A smile found its ways to my lips lightening my face to its brightest. And before I could say anything else tears of happiness rolled down my eyes.