09

a few moments later

"i have an idea that we can do," amber says with a smile as she stands in front of simon, holding one of the footballs they've brought. "what?" simon asks as he looks down at her. "crossbar challenge. whoever hits the crossbar the most times gets to tweet from the other person's twitter account," amber says. "fine. why not." simon shrugs. "and the loser has to buy the winner lunch." amber adds on. "deal." simon nods, feeling confident.

"you go first, simon." amber says, throwing the ball at simon. "alright." simon shrugs before placing the ball onto the slightly damp grass. amber stands next to vik and watches as simon lines up his shot.

"i'm not even going to look." simon cockily says as he looks at everyone behind him before kicking the ball.

"you missed. ha." amber laughs as the ball hits the fence behind the goal. "shit." simon mutters.

amber grabs another ball and places it on the ground, lining up her shot. she takes slow and steady breaths as she looks down at the ball, and the at the crossbar. simon stands next to jj with his arms crossed and watches amber as she kicks the ball and...

*ding*

"1 - 0 to me, minter." amber smirks proudly. "shut up." simon rolls his eyes before grabbing another ball.

meanwhile, vik and tobi have happily jogged off to grab the other balls before all of them end up down there. 

"how many shots are we taking in total, amber?" simon asks as he places the ball down on the ground. "you have four more shots." amber smiles. "oh, great." simon sighs.

. . .

a few hours later... 

"better luck next time, minter." amber smiles victoriously.

simon lost by one point. 5 - 4 to amber.

"yeah yeah." simon sighs. "it was a close game simon. cheer up." amber reassures him. "i know," simon nods. "anyway, i ain't even mad or upset." simon says. "you look it, to be honest." amber points out.

the other guys happily watch them from a slight distance. "they're actually getting along." vik smiles. "for once." tobi says. "it's like christmas has come early." ethan says. "true." josh nods.

"no, i'm not upset. i'm actually impressed." simon says as he looks down at amber. "with what?" amber asks. "you," simon smiles. "w-why?" amber asks, stuttering slightly. "well, i knew you could play football, but i didn't think you was that good." simon states. "well, thanks i guess." amber lightly laughs. "you're welcome." simon nods.

"now, where do you want to have lunch?" simon asks as he grabs his bag. "nandos, obviously." amber giggles. "then nandos it is then." simon smiles with a nod.