Scheduling Error

"Dad!!" Ruby shouted, jumping into the man's arms.

Dad? But he looks nothing like you?! Weiss thought to herself.

Ruby's father walked up to Weiss and stuck out a hand to shake. "I'm Taiyang, but you can call me Tai. I'll take a guess that you're Weiss?"

"Umm, yes. Did Ruby say something about me?" Weiss asked.

Tai laughed. "Not really, she just said that a girl named Weiss was coming this year." He replied. "Yang on the other hand, was very insistent that I keep an eye on the Schnee girl, so I figured it out."

"Does she have a thing against the Schnee company or something ?" Weiss asked.

Taiyang smiled. "Nah, she's probably just paranoid about you. Being who she is, it's pretty easy for her to find out how workflow goes, and she just finds it suspicious that how little work your father is involved with and how much you are."

Weiss looked at Tai for a moment. "Umm... She does realize that it's illegal for her to be going through that information, doesn't she?"

"Are you gonna report her?" He asked, gesturing with his eyes towards Ruby.

"Of course not." Weiss mumbled.

Tai smiled. "Hey, Ruby, can you take your stuff in? I want to talk to Weiss about a thing or two."

The girl in red smiled brightly. "Sure! Don't have too much fun without me." She said, opening the car and taking out some bags, then running off with them.

Tai turned to Weiss. "So Ruby got the dates mixed up." He said.

"What?" The heiress asked.

"She came here a day early. And I've got to go help a friend out, so I won't be here today." He said. "You've got the house to just Ruby and yourself until tomorrow. Do you get what I'm saying?"

Weiss took a moment to process. "Is there anyone that doesn't know?"

"Your father doesn't." Tai said with a laugh. "Use your time wisely, especially since Yang isn't here. She extremely conflicted. She doesn't want to get between you and Ruby, she actually wants to set you up a little bit, but she also... Isn't exactly a fan of your family, or more specifically, you." He explained. "But I think that you really should use your time. Try the hot tub, Ruby loves that thing."

——

After picking a room, one that Weiss and Ruby would be sharing because of low space, Tai said goodbye and left the pair to the house.

"Sorry for the mistake." Ruby nervously laughed. "I guess I wasn't keeping track of that very well."

"It's fine, it just means I can be on vacation a little longer." Weiss responded, then thought about something. "Hey, Ruby? Do you, I don't know... Want to get into the hot tub?" She asked, slightly blushing.

Ruby smiled. "I'd love to! But I need to be the first one in. That's non-negotiable."

Weiss nodded and Ruby dragged her upstairs to their room. Once she got inside, the girl began going through her bag and pulled out a small red bikini, one that Weiss noted would be extremely reveling.

"I-is that the best swimsuit to wear? Wouldn't something with a little more be better?" Weiss asked.

Ruby scoffed. "Ok, first of all none of my friends look at me like that, so it's not a problem. And it'll just be the two of us, so I could go without anything if I really wanted to, right? We're both girls."

Tell her to go without anything. Tell her to go without anything. Tell her to go without anything. "I guess I can see what you mean, but I think I'd prefer you with the bikini on." DAMN IT! Why must I tempt myself so much?!

Ruby started pulling off her shirt, causing Weiss to run over and pull it back into her. "What's wrong, Weiss?"

The heiress looked at Ruby for a moment, blinked a few times, then let go and smiled. "Nothing, Ruby. Nothing at all."

Weiss went over to her own bag and began to look through it, finding the swimsuit that Neptune had packed for her. I'm gonna kill him. She thought, looking at the icy blue bikini bottom in her hand.
Weiss looked up to complain to Ruby, freezing as she saw the girl taking her last bits of clothing off. She continued watching through every second of Ruby slowly pulling her swimsuit on, then forced her gaze back down to her own clothes in her bag.

"Are you having trouble finding your swimsuit?" Ruby asked.

Weiss blushed a bright pink. "Umm, no, no... I found it, it's just... Less than I was expecting." She said, showing the bikini to Ruby.

"Oh, that's a nice one. Wait, would you feel more comfortable if I left? Yeah, I'll go." Ruby nervously laughed. "I'll meet you at the hot tub. It's just in the back."

Ruby left the room before Weiss really could give her an answer. Closing the door behind her, the girl in the red bikini ran downstairs and out the door to the pool area.

"Damn it, Ruby!" She hissed at herself. "What happened in there!?" The barista sat down on one of the few chairs that were outside, feeling the cold air hit her skin as she waited for the white haired girl to come down.

"I can't believe I actually slowed down when I saw Weiss looking..."

==========================================================

Hey there! Been awhile, right? It's me, the bastard son of a whore and a Scotsman.

As I said before, things have changed in my life, and I really can't keep up, so the schedule is different now. I'm still writing, just not nearly as fast or as efficient, and most of my writing is for stories that aren't even published (wow, two stories completely on hold and I'm not even trying to write them, I'm such an asshole).

So, Legally Blonde, I didn't get my parts. I completely bombed the song for Emmett, and the song for Warner was an octave higher than it was supposed to be. Yeah. Yay me.
But, silver lining, I'm a gay Spanish man named Carlos now. I'm actually super pumped for that.

And my best friend I'm the world has come here for a few days (he lives in Florida and sometimes Boston). We're gonna hike, watch movies, and make the most ridiculous Skyrim characters possible.

Welp, that's what I've got going on. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you all a happy New Year.
Yours truly,
   Killian Joyus
      A.K.A. Blew Neko