His First Day

"Yah Sohyun?" Haru waved his hands in my face.

"Hmm?" I replied as response.

"You need to get your algebra books out of your locker." He simply stated, pointing to the locker.

"Huh? When did we get to school? I swear we were just at the café?" I looked at him, comfused while getting my books out.

"You just zoned out. What were you thinking about? Me?" He winked. Well he wasn't wrong there. I was thinking about him and why he would hang out with me even though he could be the most popular guy here.

"Yeah actually.." His eyes widened as soon as those words slipped out. "Why don't you just leave me and hang out with the populars? You've always belonged there yet you're still best friends with me.."

"Yah. I would never choose them over you. Ever. It's always been you & me from the start. Nothing can separate us and I mean nothing. Do you understand?" He warned and I nodded.

It was true. It has always been Haru and I from the start. Haru moved here at the start of high school from Osaka, Japan because of his parents divorce. He's half Japanese and half Korean so his mother moved here back to her hometown. I was the first to speak to him since I was the only one on the welcome commitee at the time. From then to now our friendship has grown immensely, we're basically glued to each other.

Haru's always been popular among the girls and even the boys but you can't blame them. I have to admit he's really good looking, rich and talented in everything. He always chose to stay with me though.

"Oh yeah, you're turning eighteen in a few months." He grinned. "Then you can inherit your parents wealth."

I rolled my eyes. I didn't even want my parents wealth but my grandfather insists for me to have it. I can't really argue with him since he's raised me from seven months till I was sixteen but social services thought he's not fit enough to look after me therefore they gave me my own apartment to live in.

My parents died in a plane crash while they were on their way for a business trip since they were know to be CEOs of huge companies. My grandfather always said they loved me but I never believed him because if they did they would've focused all of their attention on their own baby. Probably that's another reason why I only have one friend. Well I guess I did have some friends but they were only friends with me because my parents were filthy rich and quite famous in South Korea. That's usually why I don't socialise. I just can't be bothered with fakes.

"Yah. Come on. We're going to be late for class." Haru tugged on me.

----------

We took our assigned seats which were not together. Haru sits at the front next to one of the popular girls while I sit at the back alone.

I just watch Haru with the girl, laughing their heads off, thinking what could be so funny to make him laugh like that. I'm not jealous or anything. I just find it peculiar how Haru gets on with everybody.

"Okay class." My maths teacher clapped. "Turn to page 245-248 and do all the questions. You may work with the person next you but if there's an-" She was cut off by an unfamiliar guy who walked into the class. Boy was he pretty. He bowed down to her and she nodded her head.

"Oh great. Class this the new addition to our class Kim Mingyu. Please treat him well." She smiled and scanned around the room where her eyes landed on me.

"Lovely, there's an empty seat next to Kim Sohyun. Please take that seat. Sohyun share your text book with Mingyu and make sure he doesn't face any difficulties. Now class get on with your work" I nodded in response.

Mingyu took the seat next to me, getting his stuff out before throwing it under our desk.

"So what do we have to do?" He finally asked.

"Urmm we just have to answer these questions." I pointed at the task in the textbook not realising his eyes weren't focused on it but they were focused on me."I-I'm just going to s-start on the questions. Just a-ask me for help if you need any." I say uncomfortable by his gaze and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"And what if I don't want to do any work?" He whispers in my ear and my eyes widen at how close to my ear he was. I lean back to get away from his very uncomfortable closeness.

"Then that's y-your decision." I stuttered. Goddamn. Why is he like this?

"Hmm I have a feeling I'm going to get along with you very well." He smirks before leaning back and putting his feet up.

I just stare at him in awe. It had to be me that sits next to this guy. He already gives me the vibe of a jerk.

Haru looks back at me and gives me a mischievous smile and I know exactly what he's thinking so I give him a scowl in return before writing down the answers for each question.

"That your boyfriend?" Mingyu speaks before sitting up again resting his head on his hand.

I nearly choke at that question. Haru? And my boyfriend? I see him in a brotherly way not romantically.

"Well it's none of your business." I blurt out and realise what I say.

"Goddamn, no need to snap at me just because I asked about your boyfriend." He retorted.

This guy was already making my blood boil and it hasn't even been a full lesson yet.

"I do not have a boyfriend." I say through my gritted teeth, my hands clenched into fists.

"Well it's good to know that your single." He smiles before putting his head down on the desk.

Why would it be good to know that I'm single? This guy is hella weird.