Her Overprotective Best Friend

"Yah this still doesn't mean you're not gonna get punished for opening your mouth in class." He smirks.

Goddamn this boy.

"Shut up, I'm hungry." I whine.

"The only thing I know how to make is ramen so that's all you're gonna get!" He chirped while walking to his giant kitchen.

--------

After we ate the ramen which was pretty decent, I could hear my phone starting ringing and buzzing frantically in the lounge. Oh my god. I just realised we had ditched school and Haru has no idea of my whereabouts.

Mingyu looks at me in confusion but I pick up anyway, knowing it's Haru.

"Where the hell are you?! Do you know how worried I've been about you?! Why haven't you been picking up my calls?! Give that douche's address so I can pick you up right now. " Haru yells, anger evident in his voice.

I stay silent because I don't know what to say.

"I'm not stupid So, everyone's been talking about what the jerk did. Now give me the address before I go beserk."

I obediently give him the address and grab my jacket, preparing for Haru's rant.

"Now where do you think you're going?" Mingyu smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Haru's picking me up and he's mad." I state without any emotion which made Mingyu's eyes turn into balls of fury.

"What the actual hell?! He isn't taking you away from me now. I swear I will kill him." He growls cornering me.

"Mingyu calm down, he has every right to be mad, you're a jerk and he cares about me so I don't really blame him." I shrug my shoulders which made him even more angrier.

He crashes his lips onto mine and my eyes widen before I push him off.

"What the actual fudge Mingyu?!" I scream wiping my lips with my sleeve.

"Yah, you're mine so I can kiss you whenever I want to okay?" He puts his forhead against mine, intertwining his hands with mine.

"I am not yours, I am my own person okay and-"

I was cut off by loud banging on the door.

Well here's Haru's cue. Let's hope there's no blood spill everywhere when I open the door.

"I came as quickly as I could. Are you okay?" He pulls me into a hug and doesn't let go.

"It's not like I did anything bad to her." Mingyu scoffs and I could feel Haru's body burning with fury.

"I swear I will rip you apart. Stay away from Sohyun." Haru scowls holding me tighter than he already was.

"I'm not going to stay away from her because I like Sohyun. You got that?"

Haru immediately lets go of me and grabs Mingyu's collar. I try to grab Haru's arm but he shrugs me off. I knew I should've gone to gym.

"What did you just say?" He says with his gritted teeth.

"I said I. Like. Sohyun. Do you not understand or something?" Mingyu dares to chuckle earning a punch from Haru.

"HARU!" I shout but he doesn't listen.

"I don't want Sohyun to get played by a jerk like you! She deserves someone who will look after her, care for her, who loves her and will do anything for her! And you are not that person!" He punches him again.

"And you are?! You're her pathetic best friend who doesn't have the balls to confess that you love her! At least I told her straight up how I feel about her!" Mingyu punches Haru back.

"STOP YOU GUYS. I'M RIGHT HERE." I scream to the top of my lungs and they both stop and stare at me.

"Mingyu, Haru's right. He always has been. He's been in my life for years now and he's one out of the two of family that I have. He cares about me and he just wants to do what's best for me. He understands me and if staying away from you is the best for me, so be it. I want you to stay away from me. Goodbye Mingyu. Haru come on let's go."  I help Haru up and turn towards to the door.

"You didn't feel it?! Because I know you felt it too when I kissed you Sohyun. I know you did. Don't do this to me Sohyun." Mingyu calls out from behind but before Haru lunges at him again I drag him out of the house into his car.

"He kissed you?! You should've let me kill him!" Haru hissed before driving his car to my apartment.

---------

"I can't believe he kissed you! And you let him Sohyun?!" Haru looks away in disgust.

"Of course I didn't let him kiss me Haru. I pushed him away from me!" I explained but he had an expression of hurt all over his face.

"I'm staying tonight." Haru states before continuing, "I don't want any risks of that guy coming here and kissing you or trying something else while I'm not here."

I nod in response and just hug him.

"I'm so sorry Haru. I'm sorry I made you worry so much. I swear I won't ever go near him again." I sobbed into his chest while he just stroked my hair gently.

"Sohyun, why are you apologising? It should be Mingyu apologising for taking your second kiss away. I know how much you wanted that to be special since I took your first one." He looks at me sadly when he pulls away from the hug.

"I'm just so sorry. I should've stayed away from him when you told me to. I should've just ignored him." I say quietly and Haru pecks my forehead.

"It's okay So honestly. I just don't want you getting hurt." He smiles weakly at me.

I just realised that Haru looked he hadn't slept. His hair was all messed up and his clothes were creased. He must've gone wild searching for me which made me feel even worse.

I hug him tighter, knowing the fact that I did feel something when Mingyu kissed me earlier at his house today.