02

The walk to the park was quiet, but not awkward. The street lamps lit up the roads we walked against and were reflected by the small puddles that were scattered along the paths.

I smiled to myself as I thought about how stupid this whole situation seemed to be. But who knows? It might be the start of a new friendship or maybe something even more.

I giggled to myself as I thought about something more.

"What?" Suga chuckled slightly while looking in my direction. His shoes splashed into the puddles causing the reflections to rippled then become one again.

"Just thinking," I replied. "This situation is a bit weird. I mean, I'm going to a park in the middle of the night with someone I had no idea existed until like thirty minutes ago." I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah," he said in agreement. "This is a bit weird." He said while laughing off the small awkward tension.

I smiled at him and continued walking.

______
The park was dimly lit only with the reflection of light on nearly every surface from the help of the small shower of rain. The child in me wanted to run to the swings, but the more mature version of me decided to stay still and not have my rear end get wet from the lingering water.

Just as I finished that thought, Suga was already running and sitting on the mist-covered swing. 'So much for that mature facade.'

"Come join me Jaelyn!" He shouted while waving me over. I contemplated for a while as I watched his thin legs go up and down, creating a small motion for him to move. His small, childlike laughter swayed my earlier decision of wanted to seem 'too old for this kind of stuff' to a more 'fun and loose' demeanor. 

Only if we knew what we were getting each other into..