04

We ditched the topic of our past friends and agreed to focus on the scenery in front of us.

The dew caught the dim lights and reflected small flakes of yellow artificial light.
------
Judging from the blossoming pink and purple hues along the horizon, I'd say we have been talking for what seemed like a couple of minutes, but in reality, only a few hours. The idea of going to school the next day was completely out of the question due to it starting in just a few more hours.

I skipped through the camera that was now filled with a various pictures of us from within the few hours.

"You look great in this one!" I laughed, his eyes were in between blinks and his smile was droopy.

"Delete that!" He jokingly exclaimed while trying to get the camera out of my grasp.

Giggles and whatnot filled the empty area until we saw the brightness of the sun inching into view.

"Well, I think it's time for you to go home now, Jaelyn." His voice said somewhat teasingly, trying to poke me into staying longer perhaps.

"I guess so, I'll see you around?" I asked, praying for a yes and an answer as to when. His twinkling expression never left his face and neither did it leave mine.

"Definitely." He replied with his famous smirk, taking out a pack of cigarettes and tapping them against his wrist and fishing out a lighter from his deep jacket pocket.

"Tomorrow, midnight, sounds good?"  He asked, his cigarette now set aflame and in his mouth. The smell of tobacco was suffocating, but also comforting as it brought up happy childhood memories and relaxation.

"Sounds perfect." I replied, turning my heels around and walking forwards.