Chapter 1

Dark Sonic Forces

Ch. 1

By: Cutegirlmayra (It's been a long time since I've plotted and written out a full-on fanfiction... I did a silly thing on Tumblr and stated that if I got 300 notes on it I would create a kissing Sonamy story. Well... I'm not comfortable with lots of kissing, but this story should draw out enough kisses to satisfy my promise. Enjoy... while I get nervous lol! x)

The soles of bright red shoes scuffle the dirt that rises over the warm shine of their radiant color like a paused cloud.

A blue figure paints, his hand grazing the dusty road now paved in shambles from its once straight and smooth state.

His body flickers in and out of darker shades, unable to control the raging emotions inside of him.

"...You've already fallen." A darker, more shadowed figure stands with absolute nobility. His mask is suddenly illuminated by a strike of thunder landing a few buildings away.

The once beloved hero shakes his head, unsure why he can't get his act together.

'This is insane...' He thinks to himself, wiping his mouth and looking squarely to the ground, before sharply glaring up in weariness at his foe.

'I can't be losing to a Frankenstein!'

Infinite slid his parted feet together, and with a graceful push off the ground, lightly lifted his resting feet into the air. He barely hovered there long before moving at a grim pace towards Sonic.

His clawed hand rose up as he spoke, his one visible eye narrowing. "How quickly you submit to the dark tendencies lying in wait for you...Sonic." He flung the clawed-hand down, slicing it through the muddy air towards Sonic, who quickly jumped back but Infinite wasted no time...

After all... what was time compared to eternity?

He bolted himself forward like an arrow whirling through the air, his mask piercing the wind's force to create a type of whistling sound as he slammed his leg fully against Sonic's retreating frame; having caught up to him in a matter of seconds.

"Ack..!" Sonic's mouth burst open, spit flying from the impact.

He was hurled into an adjacent building where some of the structure began to crumble around him from the blow. His body twitched, lying on his back in pain...

How was this possible?

His hands tensed, as if not sure whether to flex out or crush the ground beneath them. Reaching for some strength, Sonic attempted to get up and off his back.

He rose his body forward towards the crumbling ceiling overhead and in front of him, gritting his teeth in aching pain at the fleet... his body jerked back and forth in miniature quakes at the stress on his weary muscles.

Infinite laughed... his foot stepped into the ruins as quietly as death himself, entering with exceptional grace and balance.

"I was told by Eggman to wait before killing you... but the fear I sense is enough to taste..." he bent his eyelids forward as if enjoying with some strange tenderness the look of helpless suffering before him. "...And this was to be the hero... What a pity."

Infinite bowed with a mocking ovation, dipping his head and cradling his hand under his chest. Then, red cubes flew into existence behind him, pulsing their frightful musical sequence that only meant defeat.

All around the two were darkness and the red lights from the cubes.

Then the lightning struck again, giving the scene a stark contrast, and only lighting up one side of Infinite's rising face.