Chapter Four; Just A Kiss?

----------------------------------Pete's POV--------------------------------------------------------

It was around five, so I thought I'd call Patrick and see if he wanted to meet up for dinner.

"Yellow?" He answered 

"Hey! You doing anything for dinner?" 

"Nah, just sittin here in the dark."

"Um.. Why are you in the dark?" 

"Power outage." He sighed 

"Fun." I said sarcastically, "wanna come over and order a pizza or something?" 

"Yeah, sure. My neighbors are doing something and it's quite loud and disgusting." 

"Well a fair percentage of babies are conceived during black outs."

"Ew."  He stated flatly "Okay yeah on my way." 

"Okay, see you in a bit. Drive safe."

"Yes, honey." He laughed before hanging up 

I sat there laughing to myself, "honey." I smiled 

I called Pizza Hut to place an order,

"Pizza hut, this is Dave, how can I be of assistance today?"

"Yeah Dave, I want a large pan crust pizza with pepperoni and sausage."

"Okay, anything else?" 

"Yeah a 12 piece wing box. Six buffalo and six barbecue." 

"Okay, would you like any drinks, bread sticks, or desserts?" 

"Yeah a two leader Pepsi, and a two leader coke. Also, some of those bread stick thingies that you dip in frosting."

"Okay, is that all?" 

"Yep, that's it."

"Okay, pick up or delivery?"

"Delivery. I order from you quite regularly, my address and everything should be in the system."

"What's the name?" 

"Pete Wentz."

"With a z?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, yes here you are." 

He gave me the total, hopelessly flirted a little, then told me it'll be fifteen to thirty minutes before my food was delivered. Just when I hung up, Patrick knocked 

"looks like rain." I opened the door, looking at the sky 

"Huh?" He looked up, "oh, yeah just a little." 

"Come on in, pizzas ordered and should be here soon." 

"Okay, thanks." He sat on my couch 

"So," he smiled and walked over to my mantle, picking up a picture of my son, Bronx, "how's the little bugger?"

"He's doing good. Growing up and stuff."

"Growing uuuuuuuUuuuUup, growing uuuuuuuUuuuUup." Patrick sang 

"Oh god." I laughed sitting down on the couch 

"So how've you been? I've noticed you seem off." He sat down, one leg crossed in front of him on the couch facing me

I shrugged, "I've felt off." 

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Well, the thing is, I'm not sure why I feel like this. Everything is pretty good right now, I don't have a reason to feel like this.. Which only makes me feel worse." 

"Ah, I see. Do you think it has to do with the fact that you're over thirty, and you've gone through a divorce and you have a son?"

"Thanks." I stated flatly 

"Shit sorry." He rubbed his face 

"Don't be. You're right, that may be why I'm feeling like this. Believe it or not, talking to you makes me feel better." 

"good, I'm glad." He smiled "I'm here, any day, any time."

"I know. And I thank you for that. But I hope you know, that I'm here for you, too. This isn't a one way street, Patrick." 

"I know. Thank you." 

"You're welcome. So, tell me about your lady friend."

"Who, Mindy?"

"Yeah. What's the dealieo with you guys?"

"Dealieo?" He laughed 

"Shut up." 

He shrugged, "just friends. She just got out of a relationship, and I'm interested in someone else." 

"Oooh, spill the details. Don't leave anything out." 

He laughed nervously, "well he's pretty cool."

"He's?!" I asked shocked. Who knew Patrick was interested in guys 

"Yeah." He laughed "he's a little older than I, but still. Age is just a number, right?"

I nodded, listening

"I just don't quite know how to tell him how I feel."

"Well, are you in love, or do you just like him?"

He shrugged, "as of right now it's just a strong liking."

"Well me personally, would just go for it. Just tell him. If you can't tell him, just kiss him. He'll get the hint."

He looked at me for a minute before firmly planting his lips on mine. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his waist, just enjoying the moment, realizing what was happening.