chat : final

6 months later
june 14
graduation

graduation, it came faster than expected even though school seemed to take years to finish. hearing ryans name being called took the attention of both ryan and brendon. brendon's shoulders straightened as he held himself back from whistling and clapping as loud as he could.

ryan smiled and thanked the man that gave him his diploma and he walked. he looked out at his fellow classmates, parents and teachers that showed up. his eyes scanned the room for the familiar face that ryan knew too well. his eyes locking with the chocolate eyes. his heart fluttered in a way that left him light headed.

it wasn't as if the two made prior plans for this occasion but, seeing brendon there made him feel good. brendon kept his eyes locked in ryans, he had no reason to be here. no professional reason. he was there to see ryan do what he had been aching to do for months, even years; get out of this god forsaken school.

ryan almost ran down the stairs and straight to the exit of the building. pushing his hands on the cool glass door he stood outside, letting the wind push his hair to brush against his cheek bones. trying to regain his composure. he swiftly turned once he heard the door open behind him.

"ryan...?" brendon asked, looking down at the boy. "are you okay?" ryan stared up at him, his familiar features and loving eyes. "yeah, i'm okay." he spoke and stared deeply into his eyes, pushing himself forward into brendon. he pressed his lips against brendon's own, feeling those cliche fireworks. "i love you." he breathed when he pulled away from an utterly confused brendon. "i still love you." ryan spoke unashamed and unafraid for the first time in years. his hands were holding his, now, old teachers blazer. "and i'm sorry about how i ended-" cutting his sentence of brendon moved in to kiss him quickly. "i don't care, i don't want to hear it." he said with a hopeful tone. "i love you too, ryan." he spoke into the refreshing air. "can i take you out for dinner?" brendon asked holding the tops or ryans hands while they rested on his chest. ryan nodded eagerly, "yeah, i'm actually really hungry." ryan smiled and so did brendon, pulling him in for another kiss before leading him towards his car. "can you help me take this off before we go." ryan asked and he took off his cap trying to wiggle out of his gown. "and they say romance is dead." brendon smiled as he helped ryan. "shut up!" ryan mumbled and un neatly folded his gown over his arm. "shall we?" brendon asked and pushed out his elbow for ryan to take. "we shall." ryan laughed and looped his and around the bend of brendon's arm, the both of them walking towards brendon's car.